• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Another CEG'r doing a MPV 3.0 swap

:cool: When are u gonna put it back together? You must be desperate to drive it on the streets.

I was gonna put the suspension together today but the we decided it was a great day to go to Busch gardens and ride Cheetah hunt the newest ride at the park! Anyway tomorrow has to be the day... It needs to get finished because I plan on riding it this weekend! As for what's stopping me I'm having issues getting the front shocks into the lower A arm pics coming and if anyone has a technique please inform me!

IMAG0142.jpg

Where the a arm and the bottom of the shock go together on the bottom is a pita to do by myself anyone got any advice?

And this is what we did today. Us in the Front row. Security fought me filming the video feed then stopped me lol.

How I did mine on both my cars was to use a short chisel in the split of the spindle where the bolt goes through. Line up the shock, tap the short chisel into the split, and work the shock in. Using bearing grease on the bottom of the shock will also help.

what you have to do is remove the knuckle bolt and knock the knuckle up a little with a hammer then once its over the ball joint hammer it down and make sure it goes in ok.

I usually have the A arm removed and install it on the hub and then push the A arm back into the subframe. Seems easier for me on the 2 bolt arms. Those 4 bolt arms suck donkey balls though so either way it's a pain.

The 2 bolt control arms drop further down then the 4 bolt LCAs. Thats why they go in so easy.

I must have misunderstood what you were asking for. I saw the pic and the word shock, and didn't realize you meant the lower ball joint.
Like sam said the 4-bolt is much harder to get in. I had to use a long digging bar/pry bar on the arm to obtain leverage to get the ball joint low enough to go into the spindle.

Yeah my bad ball joint.... And it's a 4 bolt one :( oh well I'll find a long doffing bar and pry the arm to get leverage on the ball joint... Sorry again not the most mechanically educated guy here I just rebuild fighter jets in my spair time lol they don't have A arms or ball joints lol.

Yeah my bad ball joint.... And it's a 4 bolt one :( oh well I'll find a long doffing bar and pry the arm to get leverage on the ball joint... Sorry again not the most mechanically educated guy here I just rebuild fighter jets in my spair time lol they don't have A arms or ball joints lol.

If you have a harbor freight near you, they have a very long (5') "wedge/pry bar" for around $22. It will be with the digging bars, not the regular 1' to 4' pry bars. It works well.

ok so yesterday evening i went down the road a bit further and felt a crazy wobble / vibration..... idk i cant seem to diagnose it but ima look further into it but when i too my wheel off i realized on my passenger side ( where the wobble / vibration comes from ) im missing the silver bracket on my break pad would this have any effect on my driving ?

(the piece is circled in red)

IMAG0150-1.jpg

also we went out to dinner the other night and this is what i found on my dinner table ... lmao

270671_163873933679341_100001702067565_386478_6623637_n.jpg

also we went out to dinner the other night and this is what i found on my dinner table ... lmao

270671_163873933679341_100001702067565_386478_6623637_n.jpg

Holy crap its a picture from the future! :shocked: :laugh:

That said I would check to make sure your axle nuts are tightened to spec, which is 290Nm (213.8ftlbs)... your not doing that with a little 3/8" ratchet

Holy crap its a picture from the future! :shocked: :laugh:

That said I would check to make sure your axle nuts are tightened to spec, which is 290Nm (213.8ftlbs)... your not doing that with a little 3/8" ratchet

lmao i just noticed the date lol ...

and will torque them •••••es for sure to 213.8ftlbs tomorrow .. im sure that's the issue .. on another hand do i need that bracket on my other break pad since it's missing ???

Back