• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

00 SVT will get mazda power...

Im guessing a 3.0 duratec from the mazda6 or tribute? Couldn't possibly be the 2.3 or 2.3t from the mazda3.. right? I think beyond that I'm out of ideas. I guess there's also the rare possibility of throwing a rx-8 wankel + rwd conversion.. hm.

edit: By tribute, I mean MPV.

If it's from the MPV, it's pretty much a straight swap. IIRC, I brought up a thread about how the MPV already has the correct motor mount and timing cover etc. But it's not an economical swap due to the inflated cost of a Duratec30 for the MPV.

you are correct bro. I can get the motor for the same as any 3L... Mount done, Timing cover done, Metal UIM check, oil cooler check, DMD check!!!!

besides I want to be first.

It sucks that you still have to pull the timing cover to rotate the pulse wheel :blackeye:. Also, wouldn't that mean you would still have to change the timing cover because the position of the pulse wheel sensor would be in the wrong spot :confused:?

It sucks that you still have to pull the timing cover to rotate the pulse wheel :blackeye:. Also, wouldn't that mean you would still have to change the timing cover because the position of the pulse wheel sensor would be in the wrong spot :confused:?

if its got the correct timing cover, with the crank position sensor in the right place, then there is no reason to rotate the pulse wheel as it will already be setup properly. the pulse wheel on the Taurus engines dont have to rotated to work with our PCM, they have to be rotated to work with the 2.5L timing cover because of the difference in CPS locations.

reviving this thread..... here are some teasers

chrome.jpg

powder.jpg

red.jpg

Back