• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

yup

What he ment to say was a MMORPG (D&D Online) Massively Multiple Online Role Playing Game - it will suck up all of your free time.

the other day i was talking to my fiancee` about some cars i was looking at. i kept saying things like "that would look good dropped about 2 inches." she comes back at me and says, "why does evrything have to be lowered?!
:laugh::laugh:

Want to do mine? :laugh: I can pay :idea: I just don't want to tear it apart and not remember how it goes back together LOL

The back is REALLY easy :cool: I used the HOWTO as a guide and it went smoothly

the other day i was talking to my fiancee` about some cars i was looking at. i kept saying things like "that would look good dropped about 2 inches." she comes back at me and says, "why does evrything have to be lowered?!
:laugh::laugh:

I lifted the Cougar today when I replaced those sagging springs :crazy:

Assemblies:

100_1495.jpg

Before (not the best example as it only got worse since I bought it):

100_1403.jpg

After:

100_1496.jpg

Last edited:
(btw, i bet you can take off the snows now!)
I plan on it, but we just got some snow yesterday even though it mostly melted by the afternoon. :laugh: I would like to get my alignment all figured out (which still involves swapping springs/struts and subframe in the front) before I put the summer tires.

The rear on my car looks like it has a nice drop on the rear....only it isn't supposed to.

Doesn't that look terrible though? Nothing worse than the rear of the car sagging real low while the front is still normal :crazy:

I plan on it, but we just got some snow yesterday even though it mostly melted by the afternoon. :laugh: I would like to get my alignment all figured out (which still involves swapping springs/struts and subframe in the front) before I put the summer tires.

Doesn't that look terrible though? Nothing worse than the rear of the car sagging real low while the front is still normal :crazy:

It is slight enough to where you can't really tell unless you look for it....I just know when i get the new ones on there it will look like someone put a lift on it, but it will ride soooooo much better.

I fear the end is near... :cry::cry:

I had my oil changed at work. I went from full synthetic to a blend. Last time I checked it it was pretty dark. And it smells a little burnt. I have a feeling the engine is on borrowed time. I think its 3l time. Alas...Here is what it looks like.

oil1.jpg

oil2.jpg

I fear the end is near... :cry::cry:

I had my oil changed at work. I went from full synthetic to a blend. Last time I checked it it was pretty dark. And it smells a little burnt. I have a feeling the engine is on borrowed time. I think its 3l time. Alas...Here is what it looks like.

oil1.jpg

oil2.jpg

looks pretty good to me. whya re you switching to a blend? i'd continue runnign synthetic if i were you. thats al i ran in my SVT.

just becasue oil is dark in color when changing doesnt mean it is bad or anything. it is normal for it to be black. that stuff looks pretty clean still!

have you ever gone 10,000 miles on an oil change? with the oil life monitoring systems in GM vehicles, there are times it'll be that long. those crazy germans go 15,000 all the time.

remember, my svt had 163,xxx when it got wrecked, and i never once thought that was on its way out.

yeah, I up to 133K miles on the SVT and the insides of the exhaust pipes don't even have a hint of carbon on them (one sign that the engine is burning oil). But I do need to change it....it has been like 5K miles or so.

I am going from super tech full syn to valvoline highmilage full syn.

i just ran mobil 1 full synthetic. :) changed every 5000 miles

the fiero runs mobil 5000. when i change motors to make the car faster, i'll run synthetic in that. this burns a tiny bit, so im not going to run full synthetic in it.

the one thing that sucks about that car though is the odometer does not work, so i kind of have to guess when the 3000 or so is up. last year, i think i am sitting at more like 5-6000!!! OOPS! like i said though, i do want a faster motor!

Back