• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

You people are...

Flurries here, but thats it. I'm going up to the northeastern part of the state this weekend and they got about 5 inches the other night. That means my car is covered in snow...

pretty sure we have about another month here. normally don't see any snow that sticks around until after thanksgiving.

We normally don't get snow this early either.
I'd like some though. :)

What's everyone got planned for the weekend?

I want to go to the junkyard.

*sad face* I wish you were closer.

Sounds like fun. I want to see pictures. Speaking of pictures, I'm still waiting to see some from the Haunted House.

lets see. after work, ~1 hour left, I am getting the Se and taking it for an emissions test. hopefully it will pass without issue. I think it will be ok as on this tune everything works and all self tests have completed in the past. Then I am meeting to discuss mortgages with my banks manager. after that its swapping the Se for the SVT. also in that is running some errands that my gf needs to run down in the area of the "non-disclosed location" where I store one of the cars. after that is dinner with her parents and then back to Enfield.

the rest of the weekend I am not sure yet. I am behind on chores as I have been lazy most of this week.

CT has emission testing every other year? I can't remember but Doug told me at some point. Is the main reason for failing a CEL? Or, does CT have other emission issues that it will fail for?
We have emission testing every year. :(

Good luck with the mortgage! I heard that you were starting to look at houses. Are you looking to stay in the Enfield area?

CT has emission testing every other year? I can't remember but Doug told me at some point. Is the main reason for failing a CEL? Or, does CT have other emission issues that it will fail for?
We have emission testing every year. :(

Good luck with the mortgage! I heard that you were starting to look at houses. Are you looking to stay in the Enfield area?

yes emissions testing is every two years. my date was in february. so I went today and my new date is two years from today.

yes you will fail for a cel. but I don't have any. the state sent out a letter to people from an emissions audit. it said that we know that your pcm was reprogrammed and that it best be back to normall by the next test or you could fail on the spot. so what I figure is the tuner turned something off in the tune that prevents the self tests from running. In most cases the down stream O2 sensors. this prevents the cat monitor test from running. well this is bad news for me as I have to have a tune to run the turbo with the larger injectors and maf. But in my tune everything is on and everything works. So I didn't fail on the spot but I could still get the letter in 6 months or so if they audit again. The car runs great, just alittle rich. And I bet is runs cleaner then all those ricers that have soot all over their rear bumper.

As for the mortgage I was already pre-approved from GMAC. But they offered up to 112& financing and up to 240k depending on interest rate. Needless to say that didn't thrill me and neither did them just sending me a cc with out asking me. So I am getting pre-approved from my bank. I talked to this other person just to find out my price range.

As for location Enfield it is at the moment. The prices are on the range that I can afford.

I get it now, thanks. More complicated than it is here.
Good thing Steph's car is staying registered in PA. Her PCM was reprogrammed for the 420/430 codes. Not that that helped at all but it was done.

They sent you a CC without your permission? Not nice!

I'm sure your bank will be more accommodating. You'll feel more comfortable dealing with the bank versus someone sending you a CC that you didn't ask or apply for. :help: That, right there, would make me go elsewhere.

Hey, maybe you could be on the HGTV shows Property Virgins or House Hunters. ;)

Good luck with the house hunting. :)

We normally don't get snow this early either.
I'd like some though. :)

I want to go to the junkyard.
what junkyard is open on the weekend ?

I think Harry's in Hazeltown, PA is open and is probably the one that Christine is referring to.

But, that doesn't do you much good since you're in NY...

I think Harry's in Hazeltown, PA is open and is probably the one that Christine is referring to.

But, that doesn't do you much good since you're in NY...
not out of the question but it would be a stretch

I went to the one in Pennsburg this time. It wasn't a good idea either, should have stuck to the Allentown location as it's easier to walk around there.
I had a hell of a time, they put new stone down and it wasn't easy to walk on. :(

I'll plan a Hazleton meet when I'm able to comfortably walk, probably in about 6 weeks.

I get it now, thanks. More complicated than it is here.
Good thing Steph's car is staying registered in PA. Her PCM was reprogrammed for the 420/430 codes. Not that that helped at all but it was done.

I feel this is very different. Ford is updating the PCM to the latest version. Let alone this is Ford doing the work.

unlike a tune that goes in and modifies certain parts or the program. but in the end if the tune is right it should be seemless.

I agree with you completely.
It's not like we reprogrammed the PCM for our own benefit, this was done by Ford to manufacturer specs.
For the State to say that it must be returned back to stock when the manufacturer is saying something else, it gets complicated. Really, is Ford going to reprogram it again for you to pass inspection? Don't think so.

Just got them back? What, do you use film or something? LOL! ;)

Here are a couple of pics from the haunted house:

A grave scene where someone jumped out of the grave

graveck0.jpg

The coffin in our living room:
halloween1er4.jpg

A table from the living room:
halloween2xo9.jpg

Another shot of the coffin:
halloween3nr7.jpg

Hallway towards my bedroom:
halloween4nj9.jpg

Different shot of the hallway: