• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

You know what...

Haha thanks man but I'm nervous driving it short distances, I'll be able to swap it out, just yet to receive the new one.

Hey, it's much appreciated, it'd be the easiest alt install you'd ever do on a duratec, anti-siezed the crap out of the alt bolts even though they weren't rusty, longest part will probably be removing and reinstalling the serp belt.

Ha yea! My 3L wasnt bad to put in. Nothing had time to rust between the time the motor was put in and the time the alt went bad lol

Don't worry Scott if I know anything about it I'll let you know, it's been way too long. Plus you don't have to listen to me give you crap for driving an auto anymore haha.

So...are we having a meet? Cause I need a reason to drive the automatic hahaha It is a hard toss up between my Contour and the Mini. I really like both cars.

I think we all need to fully commit to a location and time. I also think we should get as many people involved as possible. I still think after the holidays would be best. Ill see what I can find in the allentown area, if everyone is cool with that location.

You and ScicillianSVT need to get those 3Ls done so me and Mark(95_Mystique) aren't the only ones around!

Im getting ready to do a portmatched swap either the end of this month or beginning of jan. Got the 3l block all ported and cleaned up just need to paint it and then start tearing out the old. Hoping to get it all done within a week. Have to get some 80a poly to fill the rear rr, and get the flywheel resurfaced when out yet but other than that i have everything I need. Got a good bit of other small mods going on at the same time, Gutted pre cats, opt ypip, opt 65mm throttle body, es front motor mount insert, front intrax springs to replace the eibachs to level her out, new clutch and ss brake lines. Ohh and new "axle"( i know theres no axle) back exhaust with mufflers.

And would love to get together for a meet but its doubtfull for me since i work durring the week and wife works on weekends so i have my daughters 3 and 6months so its hard for me to get away for things like this. If its local(withing 30min) I could stop in for a short meet tho.

Alright! Now we're making some progress! LOL. I'll find some "point of interest" in that area. I know there is an automotive museum. Or we could do like a diner/bar thing. I'll see whats around and try to set something up. Would a day over the weekend of Jan. 6, 7, 8 work, or would the 13, 14, 15 be better? Unless everyone would want to do this New Years Eve. I'm guessing...probably not. Either way, we got the ball rolling, which is a step in the right direction for getting this meet to happen. It would be awesome if we can get some more people interested.

Ok...I think i may have found a place as far as a "meet-and-greet". Trexler Park, just outside of Allentown. Then follow that up with a "cruise". I'm probably gonna shoot up this weekend to try and find some places to get some pics/video and what not. I found a place on the map that looks intriguing. I'll keep everyone posted on details as I work them out.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&g...lBw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&ved=0CBUQtgM

Back