• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What did you do to your Contour today?

^^^Glad to see the interior go to good use

As for me I drove to a saftey team meeting in the am then to the job site and home later in the day. Overall about a 120 mile round trip(more driving than its use to.) The rear strut mount that I had yet to replace had gotten beyond annoying and it also developed a noise in the front drivers side wheel area. Got home and got to work on it. Replaced the rear mount and then went up front to see what was wrong. Turns out the upper nut for the swaybar link had worked its way off(loud clunk I heard yesterday) and the sway bar was leaning on the lca. New LOCKING nut and snuged everything up. All is good to go for more travels.

Also ordered new front strut mounts, steel for brake upgrade brackets

Took it to the shop again to fix the speedo/odometer/trip/cruise issues.......

My clutch is starting to feel funny too :blackeye: :nonono:.

Mine started Saturday 6 April, just a lowering kit in the front which I finished on Monday, I don't know how but the bearings inside the a or boot come so a new axle was needs, then the part store dicked me around for a day but got it fixed and it's all good minus the hella camber I have now on the driver side. But all and all it looks good in my driveway collecting pollen

I just did all four of my door panels too. Unfortunately I couldn't find SVT panels in the junk yard, but at least they match the interior. Also picked up a grille and installed that. Now TODAY I just looked at her sadly as I left for work, because the shift cable is broken. Just ordered one from svttour this morning. I think that means I'm an official member now.

Today I replaced the driver side power window motor and regulato on my 98 csvt, once done I broke the button off the master switch putting it back together.on another note I think the relay is faulty as well when I pulled it to clean terminal conections it came apart, but wen back together with no problem.

With a 3L in hand already already, you shouldnt NEED more than a few hundred bucks to get it running if u do it urself, & u've got the tools. Unless of course u have higher power goals...

The motor is in pieces due to a blown head gasket (rear bank) and cracked head (front bank) so I would need all new gaskets and what not. All the cutting is done and parts will be supplied form the current motor (hybrid build). No power goals. What little money I have is set aside for bills and my next check is gone to bills also...

So today I got the front bumper back on the SeVT after the oil change and cleaning the intake filter. I also got the summer wheels back on the car. It then got washed and quick detailed. I also installed the last hose of my Samco hose kit today after like 3 years. I also swapped the TurboXS RFL BOV back onto the car. Sounds so much better then the standard TurboXS BOV.

I also installed a Redline hood lift kit on the Focus.

Installed my shifter cable last night so I can get back on the road. I just Hope I didn't warp my pressure plate taking of in third to get home the day the old one broke :eek:

Got bored sitting around with a broken foot...so i cleaned my engine bay up a bit...

IMG_20130417_173544_zpsf1037264.jpg

IMG_20130417_173535_zpsa413535e.jpg

Tore apart my 1998.5 Sil-Fro to get my good Alpine / Rockford Fosgate (Old MADE IN USA Rockford) stuff out to trade in for the only 2013 Fusion with a manual on a lot in the midwest. Threw in the crap that came with the car...stock front speakers, Radio Shack rear (haha) and a POS Sony receiver. 152,364 miles on the car. It still drove great, but rust was taking over the pass rocker and the driver rocker was starting to peel.

Getting a manual on a lease costs more due to the reduced residual on the car. $33/month extra over a loaded 2.0L SE automatic. Worth every penny. My loaded 2006 Fusion SEL with a manual ran and extra $50/month.

1x.jpg

2x.jpg

3x.jpg

4x.jpg

I finally installed the Redline Tuning Hood struts that I got from the last group buy a few years ago. I was replacing the kit that was on the car previously. I think it was the first ever kit offered for the Contour.

Back