• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

What a terrible time to sell...

turbo_fox

Veteran CEG'er
I can't believe I can't get $3000 for a 3L equipped contour! I guess it is a sure sign that times are tough....

I guess I will pull the 3L out and sell the car to a non-enthusiast for less. I know putting it on ebay is pointless, since people won't know what a 3L conversion is, i just really didnt want to have to go throught the labor of swapping the engine, although that really isnt that bad anyway.

arghh, just needed to vent a little.

Yeah, the used car market could be better. I'm glad I don't want to sell my Lincoln Town Car. Can you imagine what that would go for in this market? I'd be lucky to get $1500 for it. It's a lovely '88, as some of you on here know.

I haven't driven Laura in weeks now -- she hasn't seen the salt yet. I think I'll take her out for a rip this weekend and a laserwash. Always a big change from driving the boat. :cool:

I really enjoy driving it. Went out to dinner in it just last night. Great car.

And the vallet at the parking didn't either think you were a pimp, or that you could score him a dime bag? Or by "went out to dinner in it" do you mean you had take out delivery delivered to the inside of the car and the delivery guy had trouble finding the delivery address between the front and back seat real estate?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

wait till tax time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im sure it will go then.. its tough to sell a car around the holidays. tax time i cant keep cars on my front yard cause they sell so fast..id wait till then before pulling it apart

And the vallet at the parking didn't either think you were a pimp, or that you could score him a dime bag? Or by "went out to dinner in it" do you mean you had take out delivery delivered to the inside of the car and the delivery guy had trouble finding the delivery address between the front and back seat real estate?

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I parked the car myself, 'cause I ain't no sally (and this isn't Miami where you often have to valet, like it or not). Anyone who saw me undoubtedly knew I was a man of distinction and a connosieur of chrome. :cool:

One of the cool things about driving it is that you can get away with little gaffes like driving slowly while looking for an address, or shoving your way between cars in traffic, because people assume that you're 90. Works for me. My girl and I joke that people must say stuff like "That old dude is whack!" when I put my foot on the wood and firewall it while getting onto the highway. :laugh:

In the 1980s, when GM had too many lookalike downsized luxury cars (the Cadillac Seville of 1986 comes to mind), Lincoln ran an ad called "The Valet," in which the valets couldn't find the "nondescript" GM cars, but have no problem identifying the T-Car when a customer walks out and says, "Mine's the Lincoln Town Car." I haven't been able to find it.

You undoubtedly saw the recent ad with the great tagline: "Lincoln. Fiscal responsibility in an age of overpriced status." I love that.

DE037.jpg

Back