• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

WGL Meet 10/17 - by your request

Hey Dave, you detail cars? Just curious what's the going rate out here?

Yes and no. I don't do it as a side job or anything. But yeah I'll do it for friend\family. Price kind of depends on what all I have to do. For a CEGer, I would do Wash, clay, polish, seal, wax, tires, interior, for probably $100, throw in an extra step using cutting compound at the beginning (for swirl removal) and it would be $125. I know I could probably charge more, but I'm not a professional detailer and I can't justify charging friends more. I'm probably only looking to do my car yet this year, then start again around May or so (pre-SZ meet).

I'm still working on finding a good pad for swirl (deep\heavy) removal though.

Here's the list of products I use (all Meguiar's)

Gold class car wash
White Clay
Mirror Glaze #105 Ultra Cut Compound
Mirror Glaze #205 Ultra Finishing Polish
Mirror Glaze #21 Synthetic Sealant 2.0
Gold Class paste wax
NXT Glass cleaner
NXT Insane shine Tire spray
Gold class Leather Conditioner or Wipes (depending on what the leather needs)
Gold Class Ultimate Interior detailing spray

Mothers back to black

Window trim etc is taped off to keep product from getting in there.

What can I get for 50 cents and half a pepsi?
I must say Dave does awesome work and every car that leaves his driveway looks awesome!

What can I get for 50 cents and half a pepsi?
I must say Dave does awesome work and every car that leaves his driveway looks awesome!
Except yours...but you detailed that yourself! LMAO

J/K It looked like a different car after you were done!

Except yours...but you detailed that yourself! LMAO

J/K It looked like a different car after you were done!

It still looks decent, one day I'll be ballsy enough to wet sand the hood. Gris wants to go look at SUV's by the end if the year, now we're going back and forth about which car I get to keep.....Sorry as it sounds, the POS Lexus is probably the best running out of the group.

Back