• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Watkins Glen Opening Day 2012 - April 21 & 22

Yea, I was just looking at that. I guess we'll have to see what the weather does. The forecast last year looked rough but it ended up being a decent day. Hopefully this year will be the same. I suspect for this event they don't run in the rain...

I do recall seeing some TRACK TIME PHOTOS in the rain from these events, but:shrug: The latest forcast I looked at said 40% in the afternoon so if were meeting in the morning maybe we will be ok
anim_raincloud.gif

Yea, it looks like the rain will be later in the day so hopefully we'll be good to go! I wish the weather was better today, I'd like to get some work done on the cars but don't really feel like going out in the rain. :/

The funny thing is the weather was worse this year and we had a better turn out :crazy:
DSC06066.jpg

however I was solo and didn't get any on track pics :cry:
on the way home I stopped here
DSC06082.jpg

and got a pic of this
DSC06081.jpg

even though they were closed
Kinda felt like this today with the rain
Mondeo20Taillights-1.jpg

Yea the weather sucked and the first run was pretty slow and slick. The second run was a lot better but still significantly slower than last year. I need to get the pics off my camera and get them on here now.

OOoooo All dramatic with the fog
20120422_WGI_GR08_2397.jpg

:cool:
Group pic
20120422_WGI_GR08_2440.jpg

Hey nice job staying in front of that limo on your second run guys:rolleyes:
20120422_WGI_GR14_3132.jpg

:laugh:

I do but I didn't get a chance to download the pics to my laptop before I had to leave for work. I think we got like 40 or 50 pics on my camera but I didn't look through them too much. I'll take a look this weekend and get them up! :)

I cant believe they let you guys on with the fog being that heavy, last year at SZ we had to wait about 1.5 hours for the fog to clear before we could get on track. It worked OK, as our classroom session took about that long anyway

Cool fog shots!
I'm also surprised they let you on the track like that.
How'd the Limo do? ;)

Back