• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Visitor Pass From NJ

If you could drive the car I'd suggest coupling your trip to Six Flags with a trip to aircougar's place to fix your tranny.

You gotta buy the tickets directly through AAA, not through Six Flags.

Sorry to hear about your car.
Is it possible that when you got all that work done recently, the damage came from that?

If you could drive the car I'd suggest coupling your trip to Six Flags with a trip to aircougar's place to fix your tranny.

It does drive as is. Though the car is stuck in fifth gear. I can barely get it to move on small inclines, but if I hit any stop signs or red lights up hill, I'd be done for. :eek: Plus the George Washing Bridge would not be possible.

Sorry to hear about your car.
Is it possible that when you got all that work done recently, the damage came from that?

Well I did swap in a different trans due to the trans in the car having a grenaded differential (and possibly more) so I guess it's possible. Then again, who knows how the previous owner of this newer trans drove so it may have been hanging on by a thread. All I know is that the timing is horrible and right after my warranty expired. :nonono:

shift tower bolts can break from hard shifter or easy shifting. I saw a car that had one fail as he slowly drove off from the dyno.

shift tower bolts can break from hard shifter or easy shifting. I saw a car that had one fail as he slowly drove off from the dyno.

I guess I can see that happening from hard shifts, but easy ones too? I just find it strange that my 96 se with 130k is shifting fine. Yet the 98 CSVT that has under 100k miles (with a trans that also has under 100k) is needing work :shrug:.

I guess I can see that happening from hard shifts, but easy ones too? I just find it strange that my 96 se with 130k is shifting fine. Yet the 98 CSVT that has under 100k miles (with a trans that also has under 100k) is needing work :shrug:.

pre98 = rod shifter
post 98 = cable shifter and shift tower with bolt that breaks

two completely different setup that can not be compared.

pre98 = rod shifter
post 98 = cable shifter and shift tower with bolt that breaks

two completely different setup that can not be compared.

Why can't there be a 96 svt :rolleyes::laugh:. My 96 has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. I bought the 98 to replace the 96 due to a blown head gasket, rear suspension giving out, power steering leaking :shrug:. Yet the 96 is still more reliable.

So the 98+ have faulty differentials AND shift tower bolts? :blackeye:
What did I get myself into :rolleyes:.

Forget about the Salty Dog. The Mardi Gras is right down the road. Boobies and beer are better than just beer.

I said for his drinking pleasure, not his pleasure pleasure....i avoid springfield and hit hartford more often with upperontherocks,agave,pourhouse,etc or waste some money at Mohegan(Its been a good month). But if mixtape ever gets bored on a saturday we can hit the pike and then Gold Club, that should make all the tranny issues go away...Ian you in?

ummm... whats wrong with downtown springfield?? i take it you guys really dont get out much... springfield really isnt that bad. theres places in new nj,nyc,and others around there that are much more ghetto then springfield.. springfield really isnt all that bad.

I to might be making my trip up to Mass in a few months, just need to get the cat back now, and manifold gaskets, and maybe new O2 sensors, since the car has almost 100,000 miles on it!!

And so far my SVT done had every common contour problem so far. keep in mind I have a 2000

the manifold codes, so thats the main reason why i wanna get full exhaust
fuel pump issue
alternator went- it was giving me signs that it was going out
now the 3rd gear grind- right in the time I was saving for the exhaust the problem came up

So the csvt is back on the road! Figured I'd share :cool:.

Not set in stone yet, but I might be heading up this Friday night, sleeping in Springfield, and then working on the car all Saturday. Depends on the weather though :nonono:. 30% to 50% chance of rain, ugh. There goes Six Flags plan too.

I don't work on Friday nights. Send me a PM if you want to meet up or something. :cool:

However, I have a wedding to go to on Saturday.

it's hard to trust the forecasts up here, but with 30-50% chance, I'd say you still might be able to enjoy Six Flags.

with a 30 to 50% chance it most likely isn't going to rain. get over 50% then there is a chane that it will rain. that and its just to early in the week to know about the weekend yet.

Once again the trip is postponed :blackeye:.
My friend who works at the Sheraton is on-call this weekend so we're now shooting for the 19th and 20th. I'll be sure to send you a PM Ian when the plans are set in stone. My friend promised to take off those 2 days so we'll have no excuses this time :rolleyes:.

Can you believe I've been trying to make this trip since June :shocked:!

There is a meet in Chicopee (next to Springfield) on the 20th. :cool:
http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=49395

Oh man, good timing. I'll be 12 minutes away! :laugh:

Though as of now, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the meet for three reasons:

A) Waiting on an OK from my MA friend that I can come up that weekend.
B) If we can get a room at the Sheraton.
C) If we can install 2 amps, 2 component speakers, 2 coaxial speakers, factory amp bypass :nonono:, etc etc. We'll be starting Saturday, but who knows if we'll be done by Sunday.

The most I've seen was 2 csvts at one time. I'm hoping to see quite a few more to finish off the MA weekend :).

Well, it is Basketball Hall of Fame enshrinement weekend this weekend!!!

Michael Jordan, David Robinson, John Stockton, etc... are all being inducted!!! :)

HUGE weekend for the city of Springfield and Basketball... I have been waiting 10 years for this weekend and I dont even have the time or money to attend any of the events!

Every major Hotel is pretty much booked for this weekend around here...

That's awesome!

um, well not the hotel part :blackeye:. Just my luck! ughh

Back