• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Visitor Pass From NJ

mixtape

CEG's Most Wanted
Hey guys!

I don't normally post in this area, but a few friends and I are taking a road trip up to West Springfield Massachusetts to visit a friend and do a little car audio work. We'll most likely be heading to Six Flags New England on Friday and working on the car Sat and Sun. We'll be spending two nights in nearby Springfield so if anyone in the area wants to see what a CSVT with Jersey plates looks like, stop by :laugh:.

Edit: Does anyone know how to get discounted tickets to Six Flags? My school offers a student discount but it only applies in NJ :nonono::rolleyes:.

Last edited:
im always in west springfield doing something.. bring a coke can and i think you get in cheaper or go to bigY and buy your tickets there

You might see me around in my purple grape. I live right outside of Springfield in East Longmeadow. Where in Springfield are you staying? I would have assumed that if you were staying in a motel you'd stay in West Springfield, as there are a CRAPTON.

Also, I agree with getting tickets at Big Y. They are $31.99 IIRC.

You might see me around in my purple grape. I live right outside of Springfield in East Longmeadow. Where in Springfield are you staying? I would have assumed that if you were staying in a motel you'd stay in West Springfield, as there are a CRAPTON.

Also, I agree with getting tickets at Big Y. They are $31.99 IIRC.

On second thought you might not see him around in his grape ...you might see him broken down as a squished grape......ps leave springfield alone

Well then, keep an eye out for this then :D
3n73kc3oazzzzzzzzz92ec5.jpg

(please make sure to beep wildly if spotted :laugh:)

I'll have to check out the Big Y. We don't have those in Jersey but I assume it's a food market like ShopRite or Stop & Shop?

I will actually be staying at the Sheraton in Springfield :shocked:. Normally that sort of place is way out of my price range, but one of the friends coming on the trip happens to work for a NJ Sheraton and is working on getting a discounted stay :cool:. Though I've heard that there are loads of motels in West Springfield if the discount doesn't work as planned.

My friend lives off of Highland Ave so we'll probably be in that general area on Sat and Sun.

My car has only left me stranded once, and that was when I smashed into a curb a few weeks ago :laugh:

:shocked: ouch!

Yes Big Y is a grocery store. I just happen to work there :laugh:

Be careful in downtown Springfield, which is where you'll be staying. It's a pretty crappy place. :mad:

Yes Big Y is a grocery store. I just happen to work there :laugh:

Be careful in downtown Springfield, which is where you'll be staying. It's a pretty crappy place. :mad:

Which one do you work at? Maybe we'll come to that one :laugh:. I expect an additional employee discount on my six flags tickets! :rolleyes:

How bad is Springfield? Should I be scared to leave the CSVT alone at night :eek:?

I work up in Amherst, a good ways away from Springfield. I used to work in Longmeadow. Besides, I don't get discounts like that :p

The car will most likely be fine. It's just a typical city filled with a bunch of ghetto-ass punks and whatnot. :shrug:

Thankfully the Contour wont have anything of value in it until late Sunday when we do the audio installation. Though I'll still park it under a street lamp outside our room's window so I can get some sleep those 2 nights :rolleyes:.

Also, if anyone wants to hang out at Six Flags on Friday, it's an open invitation :).

Hey, I just saw a commercial on TV which stated that Six Flags is running a promotion where you can buy adult day passes for the kid's price of $31.00 when you get the tickets from SixFlags.com... I just figured I would post it to give you a FYI :shrug:

http://www.sixflags.com/newengland/tickets/index.aspx

The last time that I went to Six Flags New England it was still Riverside Park, LOL...

Hey, I just saw a commercial on TV which stated that Six Flags is running a promotion where you can buy adult day passes for the kid's price of $31.00 when you get the tickets from SixFlags.com... I just figured I would post it to give you a FYI :shrug:

http://www.sixflags.com/newengland/tickets/index.aspx

The last time that I went to Six Flags New England it was still Riverside Park, LOL...

wow perfect timing! :D Thanks so much for pointing this out!

Parking prices are usually pretty ridiculous at Six Flags, IMO.
If you can manage, pile all your friends into only one car so you're not paying to park 2 vehicles.

If you have AAA, you can get adult tickets for $26 each.
Also with AAA, you can get a parking pass for $13.

and i would recommend The Salty Dog for all your drinking pleasures....thats about all i know thats in springfield. And only walk into downtown from the sheraton, don't head out of the city north, it gets scary up there. Not only the people but the roads as well Pot holes the size of garbage cans...

South isn't much better, dude. Anywhere close to downtown is crappy. It only gets better when you get into the eastern part of the city out towards Ludlow, Wilbraham, etc.

and i would recommend The Salty Dog for all your drinking pleasures....thats about all i know thats in springfield. And only walk into downtown from the sheraton, don't head out of the city north, it gets scary up there. Not only the people but the roads as well Pot holes the size of garbage cans...

Forget about the Salty Dog. The Mardi Gras is right down the road. Boobies and beer are better than just beer.

Horrible news guys...

I dropped the 98 off at the shop this past Friday due to the car being stuck in 5th gear. I assumed the shift cable came loose. Unfortunately, the shift cable was intact and fine. Problem is that the shift lever on the trans is no longer connected to anything. This is internal and the shop said relating to shift rod/fork :shrug:. Guy says I'm looking at at least $500 for labor alone :blackeye::nonono:. I've been told by fellow CEGers that my shift tower bolt broke. This is horrible since I just spent $2600 on the car last month including a newer trans, trans mounts, motor mounts, axle, fluid, headers install, etc. I'm now broke! :(

I guess my trip to Mass will be delayed somewhat now. Depending on the price, I may have to cancel it indefinitely. I barely have anything left in the bank but this car is draining me!

Thanks though for the warning about Springfield :rolleyes::laugh:. I'll be sure to stick within a 5 mile radius of the Sheraton when I do go. Coming from Jersey I've seen my fair share of garbage can sized pot holes too :laugh:. Probably more than I care to have seen :rolleyes:. Or felt :nonono:.

As for AAA discounts. I was sure they only deducted $5 at max :shrug:.

Back