• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Turbo SVT 3.0 @ quarter mile

I don't think he needs a full drag suspension. And that statement wasn't all about him. There have been multiple CEGers than go drag racing with lots of power and don't do what they can to hook up. I can only think of two off the top of my head that have ran with drag radials.

DemonSVT
96BlackSE
Y2KSVT
99Cougar

All 4 of us have gone to the track with drag radials. Not that it matters. I personally like seeing what my car will do in street trim, more than I do with a drag-only setup. So when I go to the track, I run with street tires, full street weight, tire pressure, and usually don't worry much about how much gas I have in the tank. That's just me though......

Mark

I know plenty of people that drive their cars on the street with drag radials. In the end it is up to car owner on what they do. It was just my opinion that if you spend lots of money on making power, you'll spend a little more to make use of it. I'm glad to see burrita is going to get better tires, I really hope to see people that are drag racing highly modded contours use slicks at some point. That's just me though. I reckon you could throw some 195 wide touring tires on if you really wanted to, it's just not how I'd do it.

Wow the topic had grown some more but might I add I have a proud owner of my car since 2000. I have improved it performance since I owned the car back when we were expermenting with the exhaust and intake bolt-ons. I was the 4th person to put down 6000.00 on the first protype of the t28 turbo. I since then blew two stock blocks built up tranny and drivelines and suspension to handle the power. I rebuilt the kit to fit t3/t4 turbo and then built a fully forged 2.5 liter and then built another 3.0 built motor and now I am going to purchase another larger turbo FIRST by end of this month and swap out my intake piping and pull off the to small 80mm MAF that I am maxing out NOW. I have the 90mm waiting on my shelf now.

I will buy the turbo that is capable of putting down 500whp being I think that my limit of power is not traction but GAS. I want the car to be a street car not a drag car. If I put down 500whp and 525wtq I will use my money on a E-01 electronic progressive boost controller instead of some drag slicks. The car will make 12's regardless of the tires then. I want the car to run the same on the track as it would on the street. I do autocross on sunday and that is why I have extra rims with Azenis on them.

I will push 3.0 block to a place where no one has going into the 600hp range if pump gas allows me too but that is a maybe if anyone could figure out what 8:5.1 motor could do. lets just say if you keep using the search option on streetfire for contour videos you will see why I like the car to stay streetable. I have many of loops in belt where people underestimate the four door concept they don't call my car the biggest sleeper around my area for nothing. I enjoy my car much more than I did before even though the money pit still grows larger and deeper but the jaw dropping and eyes wide open still makes every dollar spent well worth the hard work.

I do look forward to making the next meet that is around here so we can all meet up and shoot the shiit. Look forward to the 400whp being brought up more to the upper 400's maybe 500's by this year. Oh want to make it faster find someone to buy my intercooler and my new turbo so I can get it now and avoid the interest blood sucker (credit cards).

later guys

well it's funny, but the people talking about how "stupid" it is and how a Contour with that much power is dumb...
are all the ones that have the low powered Contours.

Why would you build up a turbo contour if you thought it was dumb?

Im not saying i do, but id just thought id throw it out there.

Back