• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tubular front lca interest check

aboythatskates

Hard-core CEG'er
2 days ago · #1
I am designing a tubular control arm for the front for my car. And I figure out ask you guys maybe I can make a few sets if there is enough interest.

I've been debating between 2 designs.
Option 1: Stangkiller design with the factory ball joint attached to knuckle. And 2 rod ends on the inside.
Or
option 2: rod end on the outside also. This would require a rod end to knuckle taper adapter to be machined.

Anyone? I'm thinking about 5 sets

there gonna be between 2 and 400 bucks, the cheaper ones will def be the ones with bolt in ball joints. probably around 2-250 for those. guestimate. i just bought 6 tubes to make them and that alone was 100 bucks so, its gets pricey fast

So the way I have to go about this is make a few parts from a machinist. Going to cost $350 a pair most likley. I ordered enough for 5 sets. Taking $100 deposits now. If somehow it doesnt workout refunds will be sent out

I guess nobody's interested. I'll be making 1 set for myself then. Deadline is tomorrow night. I know I dont have one made but it will look very similar to stangkiller Lca's

Dang a few months shy of making the dead line :-(. Would have been interested for sure too. Perhaps you can appease some of the FB band people. I dont know if you had posted their or not but my tapatalk doesn't seem to notify me when things are posted from the .ORG

I can make more sets. They will be built to order. I run a shop so any orders will be placed in line with the rest 9f the customers if anyone's interested

These are the finished product more or less. I've ran them for 2 years now

Attachments

• photo18913.jpg
    photo18913.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 10
  • photo18914.jpg
    photo18914.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 10
Back