• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Truck wheels, oh boy! LOOOOOK

blu_fuz

New Member Classroom vulture
This right now this is my favorite. It is a 22-24" LTZ Silverado "Texas Edition" replica wheel. I honestly like the machine face and am curious to see a chrome set installed. I like the flush wheel-to-fender look and the oversized spokes make it look cartoon-ish like a Hotwheels toy. I like it.

I'm not sure which size to get. The 40 series tire on the 22" sounds better than a 35 series tire on a 24". A little more tire protection is a good thing. I do tow a 30' travel trailer, so do I need to take the tire size into consideration? I wish we could rock a 24" with 40 series tire, then it wouldn't be so hard to decide!

Either way, check these out and tell me what you think:

On this Avalanche I don't like the silver wheel clashing with the chrome grill and mirror covers. Looks strange. Almost should have no chrome on the body/mirrors and just the black grill with chrome ring. OR, this truck, same wheel, but chromed might be perrrrrfect.
943762_370107813093041_223288709_n_zps2f59bd2f.jpg

photo-48_zps08ebfefe.jpg

I think my Avalanche could pull off the look of the machined 24". Can anyone photo shop those 24's on my stock ride height AV?

1110131046_zpsb05a6370.jpg

Here is a better pic for chopping:

null_zps7d069e22.jpg

those have got to be ridiculously heavy. in 24" with a tire on it, probably over 100lbs each. especially in chrome :eek:

my stock 20x9.5" harley wheel with tire weighs over 70lbs.

If it were polished/ similar style to the stock 20" LTZ rim that's on the truck now, i'd do it. I'm personally not a fan of flat faced rims, but it doesn't look too bad.

I don't think I'd mess with bigger wheels if you still plan on towing your TT. Not even that big of fan of the first two. I think your truck looks better as-is.

RR, I'll probably stick with stock 20's for now.

Sam, those asanti wheels are UGLY! :laugh:

I agree. I like the clean look of those other trucks. Mild drop, big wheels, still functional.

Anyone photo chop some 24's on my truck?

Back