• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

To all you spring zingers:

I would certainly be open to Ohio. I would also be more than willing to host again next year. With all the contacts we have now. I think we could out-do ourselves in '11.

Central to what.......cold weather and a lot of cheese? I guess us southern ceger's need to come together and do our own sz meet.

there was going to be one in the fall the other year, Gulf Cost Thunder was the name iirc. however it was canceled because of the huricane that hit just before hand. it was in October.

its center to where most of the owners are .. the big areas seem to be MI and the North East.

At this point, it's also tradition to have it held in the Midwest.
Anyone is welcome to host any sort of large National CEG event at any time during the year.
We had a National Meet forum at one time for organizing such things.
If you can gather up the interest and willing to do all the work organizing, you're free to post the threads on the forums just like any other regional meet.

OHIO!!!!!!!!
Akron would work out WAY better than Toledo. Show and Shine at Summit Racing, Maybe set up a tour of Fords Cleveland Casting Plant (previous home of the 2.5 and current home of Eco-Boost!), there is autocross fairly close, drag strip is only like $20 to race, I could go on all day....

OHIO!!!!!!!!
Akron would work out WAY better than Toledo. Show and Shine at Summit Racing, Maybe set up a tour of Fords Cleveland Casting Plant (previous home of the 2.5 and current home of Eco-Boost!), there is autocross fairly close, drag strip is only like $20 to race, I could go on all day....

and gatsbyspub (dot com) ...yes plz! Oh wait, you're not allowed :laugh:

Ohio is actually closer to you than eastern New Englanders like frenchie/cobra, ElKy, rouar, etc. It's nearly the same as those from Western Mass/CT like me, BrApple, CSVT1214, etc.

OHIO!!!!!!!!

Until i hear something about a road course that is available and that we can actually afford to rent I won't get excited about any location.

Road course > Dyno + Drag

Until i hear something about a road course that is available and that we can actually afford to rent I won't get excited about any location.

Road course > Dyno + Drag

http://www.nelsonledges.com/

'Fun Days' are $130 per car

mid ohio is $195 and requires a racing license or car club competition license for their open track days......renting it is not going to be cheap

Last edited:
the ledges is about 25 min from my house...I thought it was more $ than that...not bad

Back