• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Tire Suggestions...

why would you get a all season tire for the winter if you are going to have different tires and wheels for the winter? look into snow tires unless you are in a location that doesn't get snow ... best way to go

Good question, I should have explained...They were on the car when I got it and in very good condition. I saw no reason to buy new when these were perfectly fine.
Almost a year after I got the car I got a set of strictly summer wheels and tires. Again, since they were practically new Conti's I chose to leave them on my stock wheels for winter.

I liked them in the winter and had no problems at all, around here they don't plow well at all and still I had no problems. Sure, snows would probably work better but if someone can't afford a strickly snow tire these do work.

Good question, I should have explained...They were on the car when I got it and in very good condition. I saw no reason to buy new when these were perfectly fine.
Almost a year after I got the car I got a set of strictly summer wheels and tires. Again, since they were practically new Conti's I chose to leave them on my stock wheels for winter.

I liked them in the winter and had no problems at all, around here they don't plow well at all and still I had no problems. Sure, snows would probably work better but if someone can't afford a strickly snow tire these do work.

sorry, my question was pointed to the original poster, why get all seasons if they are only going to be used in the winter ...

but on your point that makes great sense, why replace new tires, a brand new set of all season should do well in the snow depending on a few things, but best bet is snow tires

im gonna get some all seasons because i dont have cash to buy new rims and tires...also, the tires on my car are Sh*t and im just ready for some good tires.

once i get money, im gettin some new rims and tires, and that winter, i will get some snow tires on my stock E1's

Dude, best advice is to go the junkyard and get some steel rims for your winter tires. I got a set of 4 steelies for 40 bucks. Not to be a smart @ss, but if you cant afford that you cant afford to drive.

As for winter tires, my car came with some on, Firestone WinterFires. Not sure how they stack up against other winter rubber, but believe me, if you have any snow in your area for winter, you should get some winter rubber. Youll sure thank yourself when they keep you out of the ditch or from sliding into the back of another vehicle.

Ok, so question is WHAT ARE A GOOD SET OF WINTER TIRES that are a reasonable price?

my reasoning for going for all seasons is that i am gonna use the tires for a period when there isnt snow and the tires i have now are SH*T(like i said before) ...they are kelly chargers and wear like ****!

FS Blizzaks

FS Blizzaks

I bought 17" revo's for this upcoming winter. so i need to sell my last set. i have 4 pretty much brand new as of last winter, Blizzak WS-50's that where only on last season (DEC-APRIL). still have warranty papers. 195/60/15 Mounted on my 6-spoke OEM Mystique LS rims which i would also be willing to sell. I'm located in Spring Lake, MI, and would be able to meet interested (serious) buyers within a reasonable distance. you pay for shipping or we come up with a compromise. Make me an offer. Thanks

I bought 17" revo's for this upcoming winter. so i need to sell my last set. i have 4 pretty much brand new as of last winter, Blizzak WS-50's that where only on last season (DEC-APRIL). still have warranty papers. 195/60/15 Mounted on my 6-spoke OEM Mystique LS rims which i would also be willing to sell. I'm located in Spring Lake, MI, and would be able to meet interested (serious) buyers within a reasonable distance. you pay for shipping or we come up with a compromise. Make me an offer. Thanks

Stop cross-posting and take it to the classifieds jackass. This makes at least 5 seperate threads you've tried pushing these in.

has no one tried the michelin x-ice? I was in at Crappy Tire and some random guy told me they were rated very well by consumer reports. I was thinking of getting these for the gfs Taurus, been trying to find somewhere were they are cheap, but so far cant find anywhere much cheaper than what I have been seeing them at, any suggestions?

Back