• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 1k car

Took the car to Arizona Dyno Chip today to see what she would do, here are the results:
191 hp and 189 torque

Ok considering there is much more for me to do.

allruns-1.jpg

Got a Bosal exhaust and weapon r y pipe installed, big thanks to Morbid on that one really thanks man. No exhaust leaks either, I love it.

I compared the exhaust with silencers and without. I found that the sound difference wasn't all that much so I'm leaving them off. It still damn loud either way, but its a nice sound.

Replaced the broken sun roof as well, put a little manual crank on there so I can use it. Works well enough. Still havent put the roof liner back yet and I may never put it back.

I've put 10k miles on the new engine and finally hit the $9k on the total spent on it as well.

Looking to put the St220 manifold on sometime this month. But what I really REALLY want to do is finally put on my new suspention just dont have the tools or the know how.

I'm glad you like it! I liked the sound w/o silencers when driving through tunnels and underpasses. But I needed it a little more quiet. I was planning to replace the cat pipe with a resonator to see if the silencers could then be removed.

Are you going to get dynoed again before your eventual dyno tune?

Finished putting my st220 manifold on, DAMN what a difference. If you have a full 3l you need this intake! I still need to button some things up but its pretty much all together now.

The search function sucks since the forum upgrade and I can't find the st220/3L UIM comparisons. Did you have the taurus or escape UIM before? How did the hoses and vacuum lines (locations, sizes, etc..) compare between the two?

I hade the 04-05 taurus UIM before hand. The vacume lines were more compatable with the 04-05 mani. The st220 took alot more finagling with addapters 90 bends and vacume lines. Plus the TB mount is bent far more then the taurus mount wich was a pain to fit my intake onto.

Car's coming along nicely dude. So you have the ST220 on then? Does the car really pull harder or what? You should get the car dyno'd to see the difference. I have an ST220 aswell, just need a 3L to put it on lol.

Oh hell yeah does it pull harder. I was really surpirsed at the difference. Wasn't really expecting anything in the butt dyno difference but I can definitly tell up top. I'll get the car dynoed in a few weeks.

Where are the pics with the st220? :p

When you get it dyno'd, can you take a screenshot of winpep with the st220 and your prior best (overlayed)? Also... you'd should hurry and dyno it before it gets really hot :(

Sorry its coming to the end of the semester, so I'm swamped with tests and papers. Ill definitly have a dyno comparo when I have that done again. I'll have it dynoed before it gets too hot, either that or dyno it in the early morning.

Heh... my sound is messed up. I'll have to check them out in the morning, after I can reboot. I'm guessing you have a new clutch then?

Back