• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

The 1k car

I'll take some pics soon to show what it looks like. Damn my busy schedual. I've had a sho shop y pipe just sitting here staring me in the face for nearly a month now. Just no time to instal it.

Also installed the boots a while ago. I think they came out great. Also put in a pre 98 cup holder. (Not pictured)

P1010010.jpg

Sho shop Y pipe added today. Its a little raspy with the gutted cat it came with. I may add a hi flow cat later.

I don't have a video camera myself. I'll see if I can't borrow a friends cam tonight.

The passenger seat is pretty minty so is the back bench. I think the previous owner was a fatty as the bottom bolsters on the drivers seat have been flattened out a bit.

Finished putting in a cougar steering wheel last night. Also painted the airbag cover as the tan looked stupid against the black wheel. I'll pry be painting the column covers black to in the future.

I've still been removing things from the car as well. Mostly things that are broken or will never be used. I think I'll add a list of all that is has been taken out to my first post.

But becouse of that the car is getting higher and higher. The wheel gap is getting rediculous. I'll try to take pics when I find my camera again, and take pics of the things in previous posts. I think if I get some lowering springs it'll just drop it down to stock hight.

Lastly I've been getting a pretty steady 23 MPG out of it. I'm pretty pleased with that number becouse I've been hammering on the gas pedal. I imagine if I cut out all the wheel spinning starts I'd have much better fuel economy.

What are you using the car for? I see your removing wipers and cd players and such, ha.

The Y pipe will deff make a difference in seat dyno! i remember when i first got mine installed on my old CSVT, the mid range was greatly improved!

Well I won't be doing anything to the red car for atleast a month. Let a firend of mine use it for a while till they find another car. She is enjoying it apparently, said she wants a contour for herself.

Finally took a picture of the steering wheel. Looks pretty good, I had to paint the steering wheel covers as they didn't match up well in tan.

P1010264.jpg

P1010262.jpg

I've been busy buying some birthday/christmas presents for the car this month.

Purchased some jack point covers and some ground controls with koni struts.

Just finished painting the JPCs and now working on repainting the spoiler.

Back