• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SZ 07 Registration is now open!

It has become sort of a tradition for some people, that's why. Just another thing to enhance the experience.
Kinda like how the NE crew requires dinner at the OG one night, and another night out at a local gentelmen's club. We dunno how it started, but we just can't help keep up the tradition. It makes us happy. :)

And we'd like to attend the OG dinner again ... sound cool ??

Quit being a little girl :p

Not like I didn't have Summer tires on my car.

Sheesh... think you'd have some balls with that big tough transmission of yours :)

You're not on the factory clutch, are you? Think I asked you once before, but I don't recall your answer...

Mine just fries like bacon.

Heck yeah factory clutch...

Turn your DCCD all the way to the rear and roast those puppies.

You probably suffer from a condition many subaru drivers do "Iwannasliptheclutchtomuchitis" I was like that at first but then i saw the light.

What you do is just rev it to about 4000rpm... then you floor it and as the revs hit about 5500-6000 you quickly release the clutch. Might need some variation with the STI but the same basic principal should still apply.

Heck yeah factory clutch...

Turn your DCCD all the way to the rear and roast those puppies.

You probably suffer from a condition many subaru drivers do "Iwannasliptheclutchtomuchitis" I was like that at first but then i saw the light.

What you do is just rev it to about 4000rpm... then you floor it and as the revs hit about 5500-6000 you quickly release the clutch. Might need some variation with the STI but the same basic principal should still apply.

Yea....do it.

Yea....do it.

Now why do I get the feeling youse guys would be off-camera in a Jacka$$ movie saying the same thing...? :rolleyes:

Been there, done that. What happened was a loud CLUNK, followed by a burst of impressive acceleration trailing a faint whiff of burned clutch.

'Course, now I've got another 30k miles on the car, and the tires are down to the wear bars, so the result might be very different. When I arrive at SZ I'll have fresh tires, so they may still be breaking in - again, result might be different.

Bottom line: Meh, I'm in the "who cares" camp. Personally, I'm more impressed when a car (or motorcycle) posts impressive acceleration times without breaking the tires loose.

I'm afraid you guys will have to go buy an STi and beat on it yourself.... :laugh:

hmpf... you're just not trying hard enough... besides the slightly smokey launches are the fastoor. Not to mention transmission saving... my tires take the beating saving the rest of my stuff as much as possible.

hmpf... you're just not trying hard enough... besides the slightly smokey launches are the fastoor. Not to mention transmission saving... my tires take the beating saving the rest of my stuff as much as possible.

You caught me - I like my car enough to not risk component damage through burnouts....

I look at it this way: It's a solidly-built performance car. I can use that solidity for long-term durability, or for abuse tolerance (really the same thing, when you get right down to it). I'd rather it was fun and reliable for a really, really long time.

To contrast that, I've got a Camaro that I'm having to replace some high-quality rear-end internals on because it's done quite a few burnouts in its day. It just takes its toll eventually.

:)

Hah... you trying to say I don't like my car... hmpf :p

I just do it because it's the fastest way from 0-go in a WRX. If you want to get beat by a lowly WRX on the track then I guess you can keep with your current ways :)

There has been very little trash talking so far this year.. i'm dissapointed.

Back