• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

SVT #2219 Build Thread/ rejuvination

Left them that color and installed them last weekend. May change the color in the future but need to get other parts installed and working before I worry about redoing cosmetics. As for the braking power. WOW. I'm still getting used to easing into the brakes softer. Once the rear kit is installed it will brake with the best of them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally got around to installing my rear 300mm PRT big brake kit. Wheels look a lot better with the BBK filling the gaps. Also pounder out the rear bumper mounting tabs more so I was able to drop the rear another 3/4". Looks much better now. Better pics to come this weekend.
y7y6ezag.jpg

rydy3a5y.jpg

urugu5a9.jpg

I'm pretty set on my engine bay theme being bronze and flate or wrinkle black so I'm thinking about doing the same with the calipers and brackets. But keeping the brackets gloss black so it doesn't just look like they're covered with brake dust.

My son and I just purchased this car out of MD. Has 206k miles now, runs and drives fine had no issues on the 136mile trip home. Cruise and ac still work great.

Back