• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Svt #1256

hey if u ever need help im sure us pa guys could come down for day or sumthing to help out. man i hate seeing stuff like that!. hope every one was ok and u get it back to better then it was

Ahhhhh that is sad to see. I don't think it's totaled, it just looks bad cause a weak part of the car too the impact, the upper rad support. The rebar looks untouched. Seems like the trucks ass end was up in the air from braking/impact and your upper rad support impacted the metal bumper on his car as you were nose diving. The hood coming off made things look worse than they are. You may need some inner fender work, hard to tell but the frame rails came nowhere near the site of impact. You'll get her up and running.

http://www.contour.org/ubbthreads/s...allposts&Main=1071497&Search=true#Post1071497

If you look at the pictures you'll see that's it mostly your upper rad support that took the impact. BTW I never ended up doing that swap, I sold the car for good money to someone that really loved it. I have that upper rad support pictured. It came of perfect, you can have it for free if you pay shipping. Not sure if it'll save you money or not but I'd be glad to offer it to you. I even have OEM fenders that you can have for free also, they are clean, and I have a OEM header panel that is perfect too, this could all go on a pallet.

Good luck man!

Last edited:
That's not a good site. But it looks like the hit wasn't severe enough to compromise the integrity of the car. I'm sure you can get it back up and running, worst case scenario, they total it, you buy it back, get another csvt, swap everything over and you're back on the road. It'll work itself out. Have faith!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black 98 CSVT
i'll take the brakes :laugh:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTPHAT
I'll take those wheels off your hands...:laugh:

That's not right guys. :nonono:

haha, that's funny guys.

Wow, 5 pages of responses. Thanks everyone for the kind comments, concerns, texts and phone calls. That means alot to me. And yes, everyone is doing just fine. Nobody was hurt and no airbags went off.

I had to go to my secong job right after I posted the pics and didn't have time to write up a story, sorry.

So what happened? Well, I know the end results, obviously, but for how it happened I only know what the other 3 people told me.

They said some Merc slammed on it's brakes coming into the exit in front of the Magnum. He tried to swerve and miss the car, which caused the truck to attempt swerving as well to miss the Magnum. I know I was slowing down at this point because of the exit and was at about 40mph. Then the only things I can recall is the noise of the impact, the glass breaking, thinking why isn't my car running anymore, why is the glass breaking, why am I stopped and then just being dazed for what seemed only a second or two. Then it quickly donned on me what had actually happened and jumped out to check on the driver of the truck. He was still sitting in his truck very muched dazed but otherwise ok. I made the call to 911 because the others where kind of just standing there and within a few minutes Fire was on the scene. There was about 30ft of skid marks from my car so I guess I hit the brakes hard at some time but don't recall.

As of the time we left, everyone was ok and I'm hoping someone doesn't get it in their mind that they hurt later and want to sue. No one seemed to be that way though. The guy in the truck was cool and the guy in the magnum was even cooler, telling me stories like we were hanging out.

Tigg (nicky) from NECO just happened to go by when I was there and stopped and I could swear she was going to cry for me. Thanks Nicky. :eek:

If you look at some of the pics you may be able to notice that the on both sides of the fenders they are creased in at the top. There is rubber marks from the inside of the tires of the truck.

The spring that's there is from the spare tire and a few other bit's and pieces from the truck are there as well.

The hood shattering had to have been a treat for the passing motorists to see. The hood went across 2 lanes of traffic and was about 60ft from the car and any other parts. Most of the pieces went straight forward.

My dad has a body shop and I'm making plans to tow it to SC next week to begin the rebuilding. The frame appears to be unhurt, no oil was spilled so the engine is prolly still good. The doors open just fine and initially it appears that no unrepairable damage has been done. . My dad will be able to know for sure.

My regular junkyards will be getting more of my tax return this week. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to find an SVT bumper while I'm at it?:shrug:

Once the process begins, I'll try to be home as much as possible as I'd like to do most of the work, although alot of things are beyond my skills and is better left to the proffesional with 40 years experience. I was thinking just the other day of a new paint scheme and now there is a reason to change it up some. And yes, pictures will be posted.

so no airbags went off? wtf. i had less impact with a tree and got slapped by the air bag.(felt like a girl slapped me) im really glad your ok. i hope all turns out well in the end. best wishes.

Answers to other questions...

No, nothing is going on the other SVT. There is a dedicated secret squirrel plan for that.

Insurance is USAA and so was the guy in the truck. Just so happened that we're both military.

Yes, I was last in line. A ticket was issued for Failure to Control Speed to Avoid Collision. Standard charge for the last guy in line here according to the trooper. The troopers didn't really talk to me much but instead talked to the other folks. They told them the same thing they told me what happened. A merc slammed on its brakes, they tried to avoid it all and I don't remember a thing.

EDIT: Here's the fax I sent my dad. I thought it was kind of funny.

SVTCrash.jpg

Last edited:
The sensors didn't get hit. They were beneath the impact and the fenders didn't get pushed back either. So they wouldn't have been triggered.

so no airbags went off? wtf. i had less impact with a tree and got slapped by the air bag.(felt like a girl slapped me) im really glad your ok. i hope all turns out well in the end. best wishes.

It's good to hear that you are okay. It's also good to hear your Dad has a body shop & you are already making plans to get your car back to original shape or better.
No matter what happens I think it will work out great for you. You have great support from the CEG. You were even lucky enough to meet Tigg (Nicky). I don't know her, but it sounds like she is a very kind person. I wish you the best of luck & I look forward to seeing some pictures of the re-born SVT.

-Aaron

is that a kkm intake?? who uses those anymore!?

sorry about the car man.
Screw you man! I've got one of those! :p

Man...just tragic. Especially with less than 50k on the clock.

[vulture] I would be interested in the trashed front bumper...I've got a pre-98 just begging for a molded front bumper! [/vulture]

Good luck on the rebuild!

I know what you mean man, with the whole Ticket crap for being the last one in line... I got one of those when I had my 95 ATX SHO. My car wasn't near as messed up as yours, but then again it wasn't as nice either so that's probably why it didn't get as messed up...:laugh:

sorry to see your car bleeding and scarred. glad you are ok though

The sensors didn't get hit. They were beneath the impact and the fenders didn't get pushed back either. So they wouldn't have been triggered.

that isn't as odd as you think, my gf hit an explorer with her taurus at low speed and the damage was similar, everthing from the bumper up was damage and puched back but the air bag didn't go off ... just from seeing that and what was fixed the car looks very repairable, gl with it

im glad to see that your ok and that you have a good attitude with the whole thing. im very sorry to see the svt in that state...but at least it will all turn out good.

Im glad you are ok, but i would be so heart broken to see my car in that kind of state. I could just imagine what you are going throught but I hope you have a fast and speedy recovery for #1256!!!! Good luck.

Wow, glad to hear no one was hurt. I'll be looking forward to seeing the rebuild.

On a lighter note, there's a certain EVO on these boards who would probably pay good money for your crushed air filter.... :laugh:

Man, I am so sorry to see that. Glad everyone is ok and that you've already decided to put her back together. I'm sure it was a sight to see that CF hood destroyed, although I want to :cry: about it now. Good luck getting her fixed!

Kyle

Back