• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Stylin's full-3L 98.5 SVT install thread

question:

I have a focus svt fuel pump. My car is a 98.5 and therefore has a return system. I was told that this setup will not work. What are my options?

The Walbro 255lph for return style Ford's is your best option. And yes, the focus one you have will not work.

The Walbro 255lph for return style Ford's is your best option. And yes, the focus one you have will not work.

Thanks, i actually already went out and got the Walbro 255 from summit, so i guess i now have a fsvt pump for sale.

1st coat of black. looks weird due to the lighting.
utf-8BMTIxNDA5MjEwOS5qcGc.jpg

This is going to look real nice. Can't wait to see the final product!

I purchased an 80mm MAF off ebay. the auction was titled "FORD F150 LIGHTNING / MUSTANG 80MM 80 MM MAF SENSOR NR" Anyways, it's been laying around for awhile and now that I'm finally installing i decided to measure it and found it be around 72mm at its widest opening. Also note this is a black plastic MAF. Is this the right part and why does my measurement come up short? part # is XL3F-12B579-AA

I found this on a forum

Heres the part numbers for the MAFs...

80mm = XL3F-12B579-AA
90mm = 1L3Z-12B579-AA (might be 1L3Z-12B5579AA)

Last edited:
back on track

back on track

well almost one year after my last post in this thread i have a new update. after having some tuning issues last summer I decided to build the bottom end of one of my 3.0L engines. It has forged diamond pistons, forged k1 rods, all ARP fasteners (except the main studs, they were customs made because the ARP fasteners dont exist anymore), new clevite main and rod bearings.

6961836781_b88d0134fc.jpg

isn't she pretty?

What psi should i tune up to?

What psi should i tune up to?

Car is going to the tuner tomorrow. I can't decide what PSI i want to go up to during tuning. 12? 14? 15? With a built bottom end i would think it wouldn't have problems handling 15psi but i also want to play it kind of safe. Just wondering what others thought.

Car is going to the tuner tomorrow. I can't decide what PSI i want to go up to during tuning. 12? 14? 15? With a built bottom end i would think it wouldn't have problems handling 15psi but i also want to play it kind of safe. Just wondering what others thought.

Stock bottom ends can handle 10psi SAFELY. So i would think you should be able to handle 15psi safely

I'm doing 20psi... your bottom end is the same as mine. Assuming your compression ratio is in check... your fine. If it's higher... may want to consider E85.

You won't be able to control it over 10 psi in the first 2 gears but you may be able to push 15 psi in 3rd gear if you have enough tire. The motor components can handle 15 psi, the car can handle about 10 psi.

From a 25 or 30 roll it will run with anything.

If you have the option get a low 10 PSI tune and a high 15 PSI tune. Then you can choose what you want later on. I ran 10 PSI for years on my stock 2000 3L bottom end (with clevite bearings). 10 psi is a lot of power in the first few gears.

Unfortunately the car wouldn't go higher than 10 PSI on the dyno. I'm not sure the cause but I'm guessing I've got a boost leak or a pre-turbo exhaust leak. I will look into it this weekend.

note: i have an 8 PSI spring in a new turbosmart 38mm wastegate.

As others have commented... you'll be hard pressed to get the power that 20psi gets you to the ground in lower gears. I was merely stating your engine can support it. However to get it to the ground you'll need a mappable/progressive boost controller to allow you to gradually increase boost as you increase in speed.

Back