• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

steeda's old car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not true at all. Virtually all EFI engine calibrations shut down fuel completely on decel. but if you let it idle, it continues to burn fuel to keep the engine running.

I was actually just going to say this, I engine brake coming up to stop lights, but I dont down shift, that wears the clutch out faster.

I do heel toe shift though :D

I do occasionally, but because I'm obsessed with my Bassani and Fidanza setup, not for actual braking. I don't do it very often though. SVT SNOB engine brakes and heel-toe shifts constantly. I don't know how he does it.

No he does not, he can't even drive :crazy:

You should listen to this guy. Obviously you can tell by his title here that he knows what he's talking about.

Whoooo hoo is that wrong. He drives a German car for crap's sake. Knows nothing. In fact, since he says engine braking is ok, I would avoid it at all costs. Engine breaking. Rara blows.

Originally Posted by frenchblueC2
"thank you sir may I have another!"
Fully base my life off of this philosophy

we know you tell your boyfriend this every night Jared. :)

Ha, I see the Ford Truck in your sig...I lol'd the first time I drove by and saw that up forsale...they just aren't as fun :laugh:

Bah. The damn thing costs $125/mo so I may as well just keep it. It still runs great but the wifey says it's in the way and I can't have 2 vehicles. If it's not gone by mid Oct then I'm keeping it. Anyone got a free spot in their garage to store my S4 (I like parking the truck in mine for the snowy days)?

Bah. The damn thing costs $125/mo so I may as well just keep it. It still runs great but the wifey says it's in the way and I can't have 2 vehicles. If it's not gone by mid Oct then I'm keeping it. Anyone got a free spot in their garage to store my S4 (I like parking the truck in mine for the snowy days)?

If you want to store it all winter I know of a good place.

SVT SNOB engine brakes and heel-toe shifts constantly. I don't know how he does it.

It just becomes routine, nothing to it really. I started doing it after I put that 6puck clutch in my winter beater and it became a habit.

No he does not, he can't even drive :crazy:

That 7 weeks of not being able to drive sucked. It was kinda nice to have someone do the driving for me though :D.

Aaron

It just becomes routine, nothing to it really. I started doing it after I put that 6puck clutch in my winter beater and it became a habit.

Why would you put a 6puck in a beater Mystique? You really DO like having cars that are impossible to drive, don't you?

That 7 weeks of not being able to drive sucked. It was kinda nice to have someone do the driving for me though :D.

Aaron

I was referring to your driving period :laugh:

I'm glad your doing better, so when are you coming back down again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back