• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Spring Zing 2013: Chicagoland???

I'm searching for a wheel/tire set I can run at the track right now. If I can't find any then I will just buy a V6 MTX contour to beat on just for the track!

So yes, it is only July but WE NEED to find out who is really in on helping, even if it is to get plastic cups for water, even for that.

The last thing i want to see/hear/notice is a bunch of hot air and nothing. Just being fair and straight forward.

Again, add yourself to the list.

Things we need people to offer their time/knowledge on for our city:
1. Stay
2. Airport trans for those w/o cars
3. Venues for gathering/eating
4. Special events????? Although a nice track day and dyno is awesome enough, hell for those who want to, a whole group tour or something around the lake (it is so much awesome to do stuff there, hell even a damn baseball game stuff, drink all you want eat all you want and care less about the game but the people that you are hanging out with!!!!!!!)
5. Things here and there.

So speak up and put yourself on the list.

Also, someone has to have information on averages of people from the different regions who do show up every year, like a count of:
Midwest, East coast, South, Northeast, Northwest, North, overseas, and so on.
Another thing is if this happens, Chicago being a big city may and will induce more attendees than just one person that goes to a meet, aka, so much to do for non chicago residents...think of DC, FL, NYC, LA, AZ :) )
A big question, do we want to all stay near the track/dyno/meet or the city? If the city, BE AWARE traffic in chicago and O'hare is A B*TCH, period.

Thanks.

Last edited:
If the people officially organizing this have any questions shoot me a PM. I won't have time to ificially organize anything, but can lend advise from mike and my experience from a couple years ago.

I think it is to our benefit to stay toward the outskirts and not center-city type hotel locations.

Yup. I'm thinking if we can do something to the west, where people coming from the east can stay on I-80 to 355 you miss that Lake Michigan (94/294) traffic headache! At least that's the route I've taken to and from OH the last two years and it's worked quite well.

Chicago area would be great!! I have heard Blackhawk Farms gives decent discounts to groups and Volo is always fun but both are a trek from Joliet. Maybe keeping it in the Joliet area would be easier for people coming from far away. Just a thought.

http://volocars.com/
http://www.blackhawkfarms.com/

BHF is about $225 listed on their site for a pre scheduled track day they had in May. So I would guess that a group of us could get it discounted a little more than that.

Hey, put me on the list to help out. There's so many great possibilities with having SZ here. I would agree that lodging outside of the city itself is wise. Route 66 could also be a track option to consider. Lodging, dyno and other activities could also be arranged within reasonable distance from Route 66. Including a trip into the big purty city. But yeah, if the powers that be want to hold SZ here, I am available to help with the planning.

List so far:
1. naujcdl
2. Dacker
3. Ares
4...... ADD YOURSELF TO THE LIST AND REPLY...

Back