• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

So how is everyone doing?

bigerik

New CEG'er
Hey gang.
How are things going? Have not been around much in about 6 months now. Was working 2 jobs, 90-100 hours per week from the summer into the new year. Life is returning to normal again finally. Actually am having some time to have fun.
Anyhow, I hate to admit it, but I sold the Contour. It went to a CEG'er, so it is in good hands and appears to be running great. Keep looking wistfully at Contours I see on the roads. Maybe again someday...
So how is everyone doing?
Erik

Last edited:
90-100 hours a week?!?!? Good god man!
Things are always quiet here in Eastern Canada:laugh:

I wish it was spring. Damned snow and cold snap:nonono:

me im out of the country since last november, im in singapore until 6 of march and its damned Hot and Humid here...

cant wait to come back to start the csvt, hear her roar and take her for a ride...

he're im stuck with right hand drive, 1.4L automatic chevrolet aveo.... i miss my baby :(

I've been working and testing out the limits of my visa car buying stuff for the 'stique(cam gear, underdrive pully, battery strap, alt pully,ceramic pads). This cold snap ain't groovie :(

This cold snap is definitely not funny. I just had to wash the car today as it was getting really past the point of being dirty. I hope I can open the doors tomorrow... :D

This cold snap is definitely not funny. I just had to wash the car today as it was getting really past the point of being dirty. I hope I can open the doors tomorrow... :D

I bet you can't!!! :laugh:

My gas mileage is going waaaay down as a result of the cold as well! Not too mention I don't have to drive the car very far to get where I am going either....

I bet you can't!!! :laugh:

My gas mileage is going waaaay down as a result of the cold as well! Not too mention I don't have to drive the car very far to get where I am going either....
I could but it was a bit hard...

My mileage is down a lot as well... :(

90-100 hours a week?!?!? Good god man!
Things are always quiet here in Eastern Canada:laugh:

I wish it was spring. Damned snow and cold snap:nonono:

Sure does seem quiet in here. Either the old regulars are ignoring me, or they are just not that regular anymore. At least, in a CEG way! :D

for me like i said im outside the country so im not here as often... i each time i come to read around here... but recetly there no interesting thread in the eastern canada to read or reply :p

Oh I'm still getting 425kms or so. Granted this is with the Mystake. Not even driving the van and barely driving the contour.

Erik, Most of the regulars are hibernating or in Jeff's case wishing he was.:p

200KMS!? jebus, and I thought an average of 450/tank was crap... I guess I should be thankful for that kinda millage. :p

Man that is crappy mileage. Although it seems crazy the key to good mileage is driving the car hard. If I drive my car tame I get horrible fuel economy but when I beat the piss out of the car I get great mileage even with the 42lb injectors. Ask 1FASTDAD he didn't beleive me until I showed him.

Aaron

I'm still surfing around, but admittedly work has been making me very busy. Now I'm just thinking about what job opportunities lie for me in 2007.

I'm going to hit the 300K mark in the next bit. Saw Chris and Laura last night. I might see some folks in the next few days or so, depending if they aren't buried under baby diapers or enjoying their new toys. I know Laura and I will be at Performance World next month (Mar 9 to 11) at our SVTOA booth. I'm sure we'll see a lot of you guys & gals there.

I'm hibernating for the winter, took the SVT out back in January or was it late December, when the weather was +10C. I can't say what my mileage is, it's more like gallons per mile.

I'm hibernating for the winter, took the SVT out back in January or was it late December, when the weather was +10C. I can't say what my mileage is, it's more like gallons per mile.

i think you milage is more like one tank per year Chris...dont act like you drive your car once a week ha ha ha :)

Wesley

Back