• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Slightly modified SVT VS. Sentra SER Spec-V

SE-R is better off the line but the boat anchor in the US cars sucks after that.

SE-R in the 1/8
SVT in the 1/4
SVT in speed.

SVT in the twisties easily.

Actually the new SE-R with the CVT is not even worth mention. CVT sucks worse then a manumatic ATX. Try holding the rpm you want in a CVT when cornering. Blech!

The spec-v has a lot more available torque than the contour. With the contour you have to wait for the revs to build, and then you have 180 lbs of torque. The nissan 2.5 has a very long stroke and instant response. It pulls hard from 2500-5600rpm. Combine that with six short gears and you have almost always have the right gear ratio. Like I said earlier, they are about even in a drag race. The better driver will win though.

dunno my basically stock 2.5csvt had 144 ft/lbs at say 2700rpm on my dyno sheet and peaked at 150 ft/lbs at just after 4...very flat torque curve with just about all of the power being seen exactly where you would be when you shifted if you were on it.

Back