• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Slightly modified SVT VS. Sentra SER Spec-V

csvt98

CEG'er
Hi.I am possibly selling my buddy my 1998 SVT.It has k&n intake, tru dual exhuast, hi-flow cat, ford racing wires, and 17's(if that matters) but i bought a 2006 Nissan Sentra SER Spec-V and i put a Nismo cold air intake, and Nismo catback exhasut on it has Enkei 17's.I think the Spec-V is going to take it but he seems to think the SVT is going to win.

I am asking personal opinion.We are going to skyview drag strip some friday when its not raining.I'll post some times and slips then.Till then just asking opinions.

As an owner of both cars, all I can say is that they are very different. In a strait line race, they are about both equal in stock form. I prefer the contour's characteristics, but I love how unpredictable my spec-v is and how much you have to fight back at the limit. Many people who have driven both will say that the spec-v is faster. The truth of the matter is that 99.99% of people aren't capable of extracting all the speed from a car. It's easier to bring the spec-v close to the actual limit. I say actual limit because it's easy to loose control way before it in the spec. The contour is a much more composed car at the limit, so maintaining it is easier. So all I am saying is take whatever you have to the track and have a good time. If you win or loose, it doesn't have as much to do with the car as most people think.

i ran against my friends 03 spec v at the track and it was pretty close. It seemed to launch better, but didnt gain any more ground after 2nd. He had an intake, and down pipe back catless exhaust. mine was stock.

i ran against my friends 03 spec v at the track and it was pretty close. It seemed to launch better, but didnt gain any more ground after 2nd. He had an intake, and down pipe back catless exhaust. mine was stock.
hmmmm I know on a roll they will scoot and i saw one dust a buddies car that was no slouch on the highway. never seen one from a dig though so who knows im still leaning a lil towards the nissan on this one.

probably go to the spec-v. i remember reading something about it having a better 60 ft (? maybe) than gto, charger, or mustang gt. ill see if i can dig the article up, though probably not since i have a ton of math to do.
let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:
i ran 1/4. who said anything about 1/8th?

He lives in oneonta not to far from me.He must know that skyview is an 1/8th mile track.It sucks but its the closest thing we have to a 1/4 mile around here.Unless we do it on the streets of course then theirs plenty of 1/4 miles we can run.I get another speeding ticket i lose my license and my job so thats out of the question.Thanks for all the responses i think i may end of keeping the SVT as well.My buddy can't get the money to buy it.So i'm going to throw it up on here and if no takers i'll keep both and make my Spec-v my daily driver and my SVT into my strip car.

So i'm going to throw it up on here and if no takers i'll keep both and make my Spec-v my daily driver and my SVT into my strip car.
lol you may want to consider reversing the roles, unless by strip you just mean race tracks in general.

I'm no Spec V expert so I'm not sure what changed from '02 thru '06, but my Motor Trend from April 2002 has a "stock" SE-R Spec V running 0-60mph in 7.22 seconds & the 1/4 mile in 15.58 seconds. I hope that helps......maybe?

-Aaron

Don't they both put out the same displacement, but the Sentra makes 175hp, while the CSVT makes 200. Hmmm, which one will win..... I'm guessing the one that makes more hp????

The spec-v has a lot more available torque than the contour. With the contour you have to wait for the revs to build, and then you have 180 lbs of torque. The nissan 2.5 has a very long stroke and instant response. It pulls hard from 2500-5600rpm. Combine that with six short gears and you have almost always have the right gear ratio. Like I said earlier, they are about even in a drag race. The better driver will win though.

i just drove a spec v 2 days ago and i gotta say she is quik from the jump i think the svt would take it top end but the spec v would beast it off the line

Back