• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Shipping an SVT exhaust.

MarcMiller

Veteran CEG'er
So i have to get the exhaust im buying shipped..is there a way i can figure it out?
Has anyone on here shipped an exhaust?

Also has anyone on here gotten an exhaust shipped to them? I wanna figure out the best way to go about getting it installed.

Any help would be appreciated!
Let me know

I had a Borla that had been welded before cut up and shipped to me. The seller made lines with a white marker (or it could have been whiteout) each place he was going to cut it, then cut through the middle of the lines. When I received it I lined them all up and had them welded back together. It's not perfect because I had it TIG welded off the car, but it is pretty close. If you were to weld it (or have it welded) on the car you could get it much closer to perfect.

Yeah im trying to figure out how much shipping it would cost me and how much welding would cost...how much did you pay?

Im trying to make sure im not paying 400$ for an svt exhaust when i can get a new one for around 450-500

I'm sure there are some type of clamp/sleeve setups that you can use for the 2.5" exhaust.....

BTW i have a video of the exhaust im probably buying..he sent me it in an email.

If anyone wants to hear it and tell me how it sounds jst give me your email.

Its a non resonated svt exhaust..im getting the cat too.
Crome tips and all. 150$

If you want to avoid the cost of a shop welding, then grab connector pipe at an auto parts store and some clamps. You will be good to go.

Prob from 3.99 to 10.00 depends on the store. The clamps should be around a couple dollars.

Damn not bad at all..i just wish i could install it myself..i dunno if id be able to.

If anyone wants to hear it give me your email...i kinda want someone to listen to it to make sure it sounds good.

I want it to soud good when idleing i cant tell if it does from that video i have.
I dont want it real loud i just wanna be able to hear it alittle likebat red lights.

It is pretty straight forward of putting it back together. Bolt pipes where needed and put the hangers attached to the pipes into the hanging rubber pieces. Start and drive.

exhaust fell through...would it be a better idea to just go to a shop to get a magnaflow exhaust compared to buying one getting it shipped then paying for welding and installation?

i could always buy the trubendz exhaust and get it installed at a shop?

what do yous think?

i kinda need a new cat too...smells bad.

let me know what you think

Don't buy trubendz! Just get the mufflers you want and have a shop bend pipes there and put it up. It shouldn't be too bad with price. Just get some quotes.

Back