• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

shifting head for ATX

It won't work. Not only do you need the park release button, but there is the O/D on/off button located on the shifter.

couldnt you just move the o/d on/off button somewhere else and find a shifter head with a park release? think it would be as easy as finding a new mounting spot , a push button switch and extra wire? not sure though at least on the constique , i did that on my old supra though

couldnt you just move the o/d on/off button somewhere else and find a shifter head with a park release?

I was thinking to do that, but how do I remove the shifter handle. I tried unscrewing the little black screw on the side and pulling the handle out, but no luck.
I tried unscrewing the whole shift all together, no luck

how do I remove the darn thing?

I was thinking to do that, but how do I remove the shifter handle. I tried unscrewing the little black screw on the side and pulling the handle out, but no luck.
I tried unscrewing the whole shift all together, no luck

how do I remove the darn thing?

use a dremal tool put a cut off bit on and cut the piece in half , thats how i took my girlfriends shifter and e-brake off , just be carefull

Back