• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

shifting head for ATX

FatDan

New CEG'er
anyone know if its possible to but a 8 ball shifting head for and standard on a head for a automatic ?

just a little something to add class to my interior until i get the quick silver by b&m

i would do it all to if my car would pass inspection with the Chane steering wheel

and I'm getting left and right foot prints

fat Dan please work on your spelling and proper punctuation. it just makes no sense.

we can't really understand you at all.

fat Dan please work on your spelling and proper punctuation. it just makes no sense.

we can't really understand you at all.

well i bet you didn't know I'm in 10th grade learning sapourt

so for real i can spell to good and my grammar is a little bit of I'm sorry

I like the look of an 8 ball shifter myself, although dan, I'm not sure it fits looks wise in a contour. 30's ford or 50's chevy, yeah, but 90's sedan? I just don't know.
I think your biggest problem would be the button on the shifter you have to press to get out of park. With some internet seraching you may be able to find an 8 ball shifter designed to work with an automatic. I'd recomend some of the companies that supply more to street rods and hot rods, like Gennie shifter or lokar. But again, I'm not sure how good it would look. To me it needs to be on a long shift lever to look good, like chrysler did with the PT cruiser. Let us know how it goes (even if most of the guys on here will flame you instead of help you)

well i bet you didn't know I'm in 10th grade learning sapourt

so for real i can spell to good and my grammar is a little bit of I'm sorry

i know your 16. i am a bad speller myself. you can do spell check on this site. just go into your settings and then download "IEspell" i think its called.

if you don't do this and get your spelling right your going to have a hard time getting help on here. I'm not making fun of you I'm trying to help.

Too bad spell check doesn't catch "your" and "you're" errors, too.

thats true. but at least you can understand what I'm saying.

way off topic but, I was in high school with a kid. he could not read or right very well. this was not his fault. he could not help it. after he graduated a guy made fun of him because he could not read. he came back and shot and killed him. yes this is a true story. and i even sat next to him. moral of the story is sometimes you cant help it.

thats true. but at least you can understand what I'm saying.

way off topic but, I was in high school with a kid. he could not read or right very well. this was not his fault. he could not help it. after he graduated a guy made fun of him because he could not read. he came back and shot and killed him. yes this is a true story. and i even sat next to him. moral of the story is sometimes you cant help it.

I think the real moral of the story is stick to making fun of people over the internet. And spell check also doesn't catch "right" and "write" errors.

anyone know if its possible to but a 8 ball shifting head for and standard on a head for a automatic ?

just a little something to add class to my interior until i get the quick silver by b&m

It won't work. Not only do you need the park release button, but there is the O/D on/off button located on the shifter.

Back