• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

searching for "anything electronics" store?

You're a homeowner now, you best get your arse over there.
It sure beats Home Depot most of the time (some exceptions apply, obviously).

Cigars??

Cigars??

Sorry to kinda "highjack" this thread, but what brand/type of cigars were you guys smoking?? If you have the right type of cigar, it should be smooth and not bitter....I've also smoked cigars that don't leave that horrible "I've smoked a sock" aftertaste. The best IMHO are this brand:
www.acidcigars.net

you-do-it and R&R are on my list of must visit places, and i never seem to be able to get there.
:(

Anyone ever see any stepper motors at You-Do-It?

I called them once but they said they didn't have any, I have heard this place is not only huge but has tons of stuff and I found it hard to believe they didn't have any. I need a NEMA23 stepper motor, I bought three of them and one is bad.

I love you-do-it.

On a side note, i got the replacement transistor for the IMRC there. Paid a little more than online but I only had to buy 1 and no shipping.

I visited You-Do-It Electronics for the first time this eve.

If any of you engineers visit the Boston area, this store is a must-see. 70s decor in every detail, down to the wood paneling, bright orange carpeted floors and walls (!) in the home theatre room, old showcases, etc. All of the electrical goodies your eyes can set sight on, with good prices. The best is the random crap hiding behind shelves, like the "invisible" trunk-mount CB antenna I picked up today. This is what Radio Shack should be like.

And it's huge. Two large floors, stuffed floor-to-ceiling with gadgets, tools, electronic parts, and wires. From uber-expensive DJ lights to large solar panels to RJ45 crimpers, and everything in between, it's difficult to walk out with empty hands.

I told you! :) That place is the best. It's an evil temptress to be sure, but, it's got damn near everything you could want!

That kinda sounds like R&R wholesalers near our house, only with more electronics than tools and carpentry supplies.
We're like kids in a candy store when we go there.
Thanks for the recommendation. I stopped there today, it was perfect. Definitely my store of choice for hardware needs while I'm up here.

I think I'm really beginning to despise big-box stores.

Back