• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

searching for "anything electronics" store?

Ray

Addicted CEG'er
I remember a post about a surplus store called "anything electronics" or something?

I can't find it, and I can't search for it because the search option ignores "anything" and "electronics" finds every thread in the audio/video forum due to forum description.

Anyone have a website? I thought it was in the NECEG area.

i believe it it "you do it" electronics
bishop or matty will chime in with the actual name.

i believe it it "you do it" electronics
bishop or matty will chime in with the actual name.

Give that man a cee-gar!

Ray, you're looking for You-Do-It Electronics in Needham, MA. The site isn't great for online ordering, but if you can get to Needham in a reasonable amount of time, you'll likely find what you're looking for there. I'd call just to make sure, though.

Great prices, and a non- douche sales staff make it worth visiting a couple times a year for me... "just because."

ok, where's my cigar?
huh-huh?

i knew it was in a city that began with an "N" too i just couldnt remember and i didnt feel like looking it up

<=== teh lazee

I've got cigars!
I'm hoping to invite you all over within the next few weeks to smoke them with us.
Stay tuned for the invitation...
:)

I've got cigars!
I'm hoping to invite you all over within the next few weeks to smoke them with us.
Stay tuned for the invitation...
:)

You'll enjoy this .. I tried my first cigar a few weeks ago. Only a tiny bit before passing it back around. Had a sweet taste at the time but naaasty morning mouth after. (Despite doing all of the preventative stuff like brushing / etc)

I visited You-Do-It Electronics for the first time this eve.

If any of you engineers visit the Boston area, this store is a must-see. 70s decor in every detail, down to the wood paneling, bright orange carpeted floors and walls (!) in the home theatre room, old showcases, etc. All of the electrical goodies your eyes can set sight on, with good prices. The best is the random crap hiding behind shelves, like the "invisible" trunk-mount CB antenna I picked up today. This is what Radio Shack should be like.

And it's huge. Two large floors, stuffed floor-to-ceiling with gadgets, tools, electronic parts, and wires. From uber-expensive DJ lights to large solar panels to RJ45 crimpers, and everything in between, it's difficult to walk out with empty hands.

That kinda sounds like R&R wholesalers near our house, only with more electronics than tools and carpentry supplies.
We're like kids in a candy store when we go there.

Back