• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rim Fitting HELP...

ikaika808

CEG'er
I have found a set of rims that are 17x8 with an ET 19... Does any one know what I would have to do to make the rims fit with no problems on my 2000 CSVT...??? Thanks in advance... Roland / Ikaika808

If you have to ask....you probably shouldn't do it

Roll, pull, negative camber. Define "fit with no problems"

Stock height as of now... but will be lowered on Koni Yellows and B&G Autobahn springs... I just wanna know if they will work with out any spacers or mods to the rim themselves...??? I do know and will be rolling the fenders when the lowering is completed...

....must......resist............urge.........to troll....

Buy a wheel that fits with an offset between +42 and +49, throw a 215/45/17 on it like everyone else and be done.

....must......resist............urge.........to troll....

Buy a wheel that fits with an offset between +42 and +49, throw a 215/45/17 on it like everyone else and be done.

Wimps. :laugh:

Honestly, its not going to work man. Unless you plan on dropping $$$$$ into controlarms and such to give you enough camber to tuck (like I have done) then it wont work. ESPECIALLY if you plan on dropping it on Autobahns. The rims at a +19 will be sticking out past your fenders bigtime, and theres no factory adjustment to allow you to run it without paying for it.

Nahhh, screw it. Poke like crazy, throw a 195 tire on it and stretch, or if you're super ballsy, do a 185, and pull the piss or radius your rear fender.

Nahhh, screw it. Poke like crazy, throw a 195 tire on it and stretch, or if you're super ballsy, do a 185, and pull the piss or radius your rear fender.

Lol too risky to damage the rim and car going that low of a tire. Poke looks dumb, don't do it lol...looks really retarded. It needs to be cambered, and has to clear the fender/quarter to look properly done. Something about a rim/tire with no camber and just sticking out 2 inches looks redneck to me. Do it properly or don't do it at all!

Edit: also, when I say don't poke, I mean the tire and rim excessively. If you can tuck the tire and poke the rim for example, do it. But if you can't get that top sort of cambered in close/tucking under, then that's when it looks bad

I think a 19 offset is still too low to be close/functional as he wants something with "no problems" lol...cant have fitment/stance without some problems :p

Wheel fitment/stance will have many problems, yes. Stance is a word that is thrown around a lot loosely. In the scene, wheel fitment is the biggest role in "stance".

But anyways, There's nothing wrong with not having camber adjustment. It's just a matter of fitting what you believe think you can pull off or what you like. A 17x8 ET19 will, on stock suspension, poke past the fender at around half an inch. So that means, you can probably rock the 195. BUT, it's all trial and error because of the fact that there is no camber adjustment. Roll and pull will be your best friend to accomodate that kind of setup. With the koni and autobahn setup, you better be running full stiff and consider your suspension travel heavily as well.

This is pretty close as to what it will look like, just a tiny bit less of poke, as this picture is a 17x9 et 24 CR wheel with a 205/40 tire. If I did some quick math correctly, the difference will be for your 8J et 19, is just about 4 mm less poke. Mind you, the body width of the Focus is a bit different, so these wheels on the Focus here may seem to poke out a bit more than what it would on a Contour. It's all dimensions, and I don't know them. BUT, this gives you a general idea of how and what we are talking about to make it "fit".

IMAG0202.jpg

I'm being resurrected from the dead just to chime in here.. the OP, with some math done here, and using my previous wheel and tire setup, could essentially run a 17x8 +19 with a 195/45/17 tire.

Also, when you lower these cars, it adds negative camber, especially if he's gonne run B&G Autobahn springs (IIRC it lower's the car like 2 or 2.2 inches).

With saying that, you'd probably wanna pull the splash guards, flare the fenders. Also, making the dampers stiffer wont affect length of suspension travel.. he could run on full soft and still rub, or not rub, as much as full stiff on Koni's. The stiffness of the springs will affect that aspect... would be nice to know what the spring rates of the Autobahn springs are..... I could keep going on but i'll stop haha.

I'm being resurrected from the dead just to chime in here.. the OP, with some math done here, and using my previous wheel and tire setup, could essentially run a 17x8 +19 with a 195/45/17 tire.

Also, when you lower these cars, it adds negative camber, especially if he's gonne run B&G Autobahn springs (IIRC it lower's the car like 2 or 2.2 inches).

With saying that, you'd probably wanna pull the splash guards, flare the fenders. Also, making the dampers stiffer wont affect length of suspension travel.. he could run on full soft and still rub, or not rub, as much as full stiff on Koni's. The stiffness of the springs will affect that aspect... would be nice to know what the spring rates of the Autobahn springs are..... I could keep going on but i'll stop haha.

I also suggested the 195. What was your previous setup again?

Also, something to add about my suspension setup and camber on KSports. When I got aligned, I found out my front camber was -1.3 and -1.8 degrees. My rears were pretty much at less than -.5. My rear strut mounts were shot so they cambered in at -2.1, but that's not accurate at all, and since changing them out, have been straightened out even more. I need to get aligned again and I can tell you my specs. But I know for sure the rears are no more than -1 degree of camber. And I'm lowered far more than 2.5" compared to what the B&G springs would do.

It wasn't super aggressive, it was 17x7 +34. I just referenced it using this: http://www.tyrestretch.com/page/files. And I know you did, I was just reiterating your first observation.

Hmm.. I never got mine aligned, but I know that they were more than just -.5 (for the rears). To add to the rear of the car, the rears can fit more wheel than the front.. not by much, but they can. If he flares his fenders, and removes splash guards, I think it can be done.. I'd do more measurements and such, but I don't have my Turd anymore, so that's not possible.

Back