• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Rear center reflector lighted emblem replacment

Loco_motion

CEG'er
I have been working on this for a couple of weeks. A lighted replacment for the center emblem on the rear reflector. This one uses a parkedcar domed overlay but you could easily use the SVT badge on it instead. All the parts are hand cut and shaped but would look nicer if they were machine cut. This is just a prototype for proof of concept.
What do you think?

Rearreflectoremblemcoverplate.jpg

Rearreflectormirrorspacer.jpg

Rearreflectorlightbackingplatewithl.jpg

Rearreflectoremblemassembledprot-2.jpg

Rearreflectoremblemassembledprot-1.jpg

Nice work. Going to go to mass production once you can figure out how to get the scuff marks out with some finer sand paper. That looks pretty cool. I would buy one for sure *thumbs up*

Is it wired to the brake wires to act as a third brake light?

That's pretty cool! I might have to mess around with something like that if I ever have some spare time. I think a full oval overlay and removing about 2-3mm around the SVT lettering.... and using a dark tinted (grey) bulb for an eerie glow around the boarders.... that would be sweet! At least when I mentally visualize it.

Nice work. Going to go to mass production once you can figure out how to get the scuff marks out with some finer sand paper. That looks pretty cool. I would buy one for sure *thumbs up*

Is it wired to the brake wires to act as a third brake light?

I scuffed it up so the adhesive would get a better hold when it was assembled.
I was going to have it light with the running lights were on.

That's pretty cool! I might have to mess around with something like that if I ever have some spare time. I think a full oval overlay and removing about 2-3mm around the SVT lettering.... and using a dark tinted (grey) bulb for an eerie glow around the boarders.... that would be sweet! At least when I mentally visualize it.

There are lots of possibilities with this and I may try a couple of them but first I am doing one for the front oval that will light up yellow.

I will post some pics of the reflector so everyone can see how it is mounted and what modifications had to be done first.

Fantastic work man! :cool:

I love seeing clever new mods with these cars...especially when they're made by our own members. A little more tweaking and it'll be perfect. :cool:

Fantastic work man! :cool:

I love seeing clever new mods with these cars...especially when they're made by our own members. A little more tweaking and it'll be perfect. :cool:

Thanks, I am already working on the second prototypes with most of the surfaces polished and using a SVT trunk emblem instead of a vinyl overlay. I will post pic's as I finish them.

honestly how hard is it for you to make these? Do you see making 15-20 for a GB? I would really like one. Shouldnt be too expensive either.

That's flippin' sexy!

I had an indiglo one awhile back.....One of the first mods on the Zetec, yours looks so much more customizable....

Last edited:
Blue doesn't look bad but I personally like the red look. One thing to do would be to use just plain white LED's and get some bulb covers like the ones used in A-pillar gauges. So they are customizeable to the owners liking.

Back