• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

raleigh meet / fix my AC

mtxcontourSVT

New CEG'er
Anyone from the raleigh, nc area interested in meeting up?

Also my A/C isn't working very well and could use a hand diagnosing it, I'm not sure if theres a leak or the compressor is gone but it keeps cycling every 10 seconds or so.

Let's set up a time/place and we'll make it happen. I'm no expert but will help you to the best of my abilities. If you guys wanted I could make my house available for a meet. Grill some food, drink some beer and fix your car. Let me know how that sounds.

Here's my zip to check distance if we decide to meet at my house. 27540, Holly Springs

Stu

you might just need a little more freon. i would put some in that has the oil mixed in. The cycles should be around 30 seconds. short cycles are symptoms of low pressure usually. They sell cans with pressure guages as advanced and autozone for under 20 bucks when i got mine last year.

How long before you get your car up and running trey? It'd be great if you could make it! How about towards the end of July? People just need to start shooting out dates they can come. I'm pretty flexible on times.

i cant come till august. lol then after that anytime for the most part cause ill be playin football. idk you guys come up with the day and ill let you know if i can make it or not.

How long before you get your car up and running trey? It'd be great if you could make it! How about towards the end of July? People just need to start shooting out dates they can come. I'm pretty flexible on times.
Car was dropped off at Obrians today and should be done soon!

the drive to tenn is much more fun... why not just go meet him.lol.
lmao! you are so right about that one. We have done mod meets at my house! I am not sure when I would be able to make it. need to pick a date and i'll see what I can do.

although that driveway of yours....haha how does the new tour take it?
The new car takes it like a champ! no rubbing sideskirts or anything. I love the way this car sits on the koni's and b&g's I have done a little work on the driveway as well so it isnt as bad.:laugh:

Let's set up a time/place and we'll make it happen. I'm no expert but will help you to the best of my abilities. If you guys wanted I could make my house available for a meet. Grill some food, drink some beer and fix your car. Let me know how that sounds.

Here's my zip to check distance if we decide to meet at my house. 27540, Holly Springs

Stu

mmm beer, how about this weekend?

I have a 8 hour driver improvement class out in Wilmington for a ticket I got in my s/c mustang last time I went out to the beach. I also work friday/sunday but next weekend should work better.

Yea I'd rather wait until more people can make it. I talked to drivebymashing because he's out in ashville and he wanted to come and I sent Martin a pm because he lives in Holly Springs. Might auctually be decent turn out. August 3rd work for anyone? It's a sunday

Yea I'd rather wait until more people can make it. I talked to drivebymashing because he's out in ashville and he wanted to come and I sent Martin a pm because he lives in Holly Springs. Might auctually be decent turn out. August 3rd work for anyone? It's a sunday
that sounds more like it. car should be tuned and running nicely by then as long as the swap goes smoothly

My car is now running! I need to find out if I am good for having the day off that day.

If you decide 2 go let me know. I might be in a better situation by then & if I've got the car fixed I might entertain the idea of a cruise.

Last edited:
Back