• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Questions on morrettes

quick question, I know this is not the thread but I don't want to create a new thread since I only need 1 answer.

So would it be illegal or too bright if I remove the tab on the low beam or if I drill a hole through the tab.

You would not get the same effect, that is there to disperse the light to give you a wide band on the road. If you took it off you would probably get a narrow beam and would be worse for seeing.

So would it be illegal or too bright if I remove the tab on the low beam or if I drill a hole through the tab.

I tried bending it out of the way on my old headlights. It doesn't create a desirable light pattern. You're better off putting a high beam in the socket.

I worked my way up from stock headlights... first to Cool Blues, then to Silverstars, then to a standard high beam, then a cool blue high, then a silver star high. Finally I went with 4300K HIDs, along with brand new headlights. That's the only way I truly see good at night.

quick question, I know this is not the thread but I don't want to create a new thread since I only need 1 answer.

HLLBTab.jpg

File this under the heading of "One of the worst ideas on ceg... ever."

Just so anyone new is clear of course ;)

Sellin soon.

Sellin soon.

I'll be listing my Morette Prototypes in the Classified later this week ;)

I'm pretty sure that buying the only set in the USA (even if they are only prototypes) is going to be way cheaper than making something sub par (or modifying your bumper/radiator support and whatnot to make a set of Euro Morettes fit)

PLUS -- you can still go back to stock whenever you want!!!

I'm pretty sure that buying the only set in the USA (even if they are only prototypes) is going to be way cheaper than making something sub par (or modifying your bumper/radiator support and whatnot to make a set of Euro Morettes fit)

LOL, let the bid wars begin!!:laugh:

im also thinking about making a morette style set of lights. might turn out good if i can get my parts. ;)

Back