• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pwntbywombat 3L Build Thread

Do what I said man, please. I've read this entire thread and even though you do things like a goober I'm rooting for you and want to see it run now so listen to what I said and give it a shot it's very quick and I think it will start

yeah i think he called me a goober when i said i was gonna do the rusty hood mod. it sounded like

"yerrrrrrr naaaaat gonna do daaat yaaa gooooooober!"

then he gave me a corona and a lighter. i have no idea still how to open a bottle with a lighter. i was gonna make some sad attempt and he covered his face like i was gonna kill him with the lighter

^^^^ what he said.

i had this thing go out when i did my first 3L. ran a ground wire too close to the EGR tube without a heat wrap over it and about ten miles later, blegh.

thanks for the link! yeah, im working my way though the engine harnesses right now re-insulating frayed wires and what not...man this tape on these wires is soooo dried out... i got the one main harness done that snaps into the ECU already, it looks 100 times better. ill post more tomorrow.

holy sh*t, i dove into the injector harness....its insane how this was working on the car in the first place. but this liquid electrical tape stuff is making the wires look brand new.

it was working because it hadnt been moved all around yet.

I was super woried about mine when I took it off, but after geting into it ans splicing stuff, it turns out mine is in awesome shape for these cars.

I hope there weren't so many shorts that you toasted the pcm.

after fixing the harness, you need to pull the dtc's before you try drive it any were.

I dont know if i am buying this. Didn't you say you could hear the solenoid on the starter click? even with a bad harness it would still crank.

it might have still cranked...BUT i wanted to cover all the bases when it came to the electronics. not to mention, the harnesses are coming along nicely and look much better with fresh tape and no bare wires. :laugh:

Back