• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Post Your/Cool Shift Knobs.

apparently this is the season where idiots come to the forums. nothing i've done damages my car at all. however, shooting nitrous oxide into your engine not only eats away at metal inside your block and head, but also screws up your fuel injectors, wears out the lining in your cat and muffler, and the stress alone of hitting the rpms you'll hit with nitrous is a lot more than any zetec or duratec should handle.

Do some research get your facts straight then come back when you know what you are talking about. I can't stand when someone chimes in and dosen't know what they are talking about right now that person is you. I'm not going to sit here and explain anything to you I'm also not going to argue with you on the forum because it's childish, but you do have some reading to do.

Do some research get your facts straight then come back when you know what you are talking about. I can't stand when someone chimes in and dosen't know what they are talking about right now that person is you. I'm not going to sit here and explain anything to you I'm also not going to argue with you on the forum because it's childish, but you do have some reading to do.

there's an intelligent response. unfortunately, though, n00b, you're the one who knows nothing. so suck it :p

I love the fact that the guy who drives a zetec, made his own shift knob (that looks like a turd), and used what looks like an RV sewage hose you can buy at walmart for an intake pipe is telling us all about nitrous.

Learn your information from a credible source (the fast and the furious movies don't count), before you go mouthing off about something you dont know. Plenty of us here have used nitrous without a single problem so STFU!

and to keep this shift knob related I will say that momo makes a great shift boot that screws into any of their nonreverse lockout knobs and looks great.

I love the fact that the guy who drives a zetec,

What the HELL does driving a zetec have to do with anything? you clearly didnt see my response
striker said:
wrong: nitrous oxide does not destroy engines. lack of fuel destroys engines. this occurs when you press the button for the the Nitrous Oxide and you dont have any way to up the fuel output. it is most common on dry injection systems as the injectors have to add the extra fuel. a wet system injects extra fuel with the nitrous from the same nozzle and therefor is less likely to run too lean..

yes i drive a zetec.:p a boosted one at that :D :p

apparently this is the season where idiots come to the forums. nothing i've done damages my car at all. however, shooting nitrous oxide into your engine not only eats away at metal inside your block and head, but also screws up your fuel injectors, wears out the lining in your cat and muffler, and the stress alone of hitting the rpms you'll hit with nitrous is a lot more than any zetec or duratec should handle.

If you wish to debate the pros and cons of nitrous, feel free to start a thread in the Forced induction section. However, this off-topic discussion ends now, and if you continue it, you will recieve an infraction. And for the record, WTF are you talking about? You obviously don't understand how nitrous works, go learn some more and then start a thread in the FI section.

knobby1.JPG

knobby2.JPG

speed holes...its stainless steel and it weighs 13 oz.
knobby3.JPG

now that is different and i like .." very nice " lol think it would look better in black hmmm ... that color is not bad 2 :laugh: ... where did u get that n how much .. if u don't mind telling

So I've been looking to get one of the Roush Spherical shift knobs for a bit now. Called Roush yesterday and they told me that they are selling off all of their Focus stuff and they no longer have the knob I'm looking for. Just an FYI for anyone that was looking to get some Roush stuff. Plus, if your looking to get rid of your spherical shift knob, I know someone who would like one...:laugh:

you're pre98 console rocks the house, i gotta find some midnight blue paint somewhere for the love of God so i can do that...

Isn't the pre-98 console exactly the same part as every 99-00 Cougar console? It looks the same, with the cup spiller and all. Has anyone ever test-fit one to a Contour?

Look into an 01-02 Cougar console; it's the same basic design, but with a molded cup holder and coin slot instead of the spiller unit, and its a little more solidly engineered overall. Everyone on NECO is trying to find one to replace their 99-00 spiller console.

Isn't the pre-98 console exactly the same part as every 99-00 Cougar console? It looks the same, with the cup spiller and all. Has anyone ever test-fit one to a Contour?

I'll be short and sweet. The answers are no and yes.

Take a look at the shapes of the two consoles and where they meet the dash.

now that is different and i like .." very nice " lol think it would look better in black hmmm ... that color is not bad 2 :laugh: ... where did u get that n how much .. if u don't mind telling

that color is its natural color...stainless steel...
i had it custom made at the machine shop i used to work at.
cost: free

Back