• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

New rims, which do you like? A 56K no-no...

Joey

Hard-core CEG'er
Last week, I ended up hitting a pothole that blew out two brand new tires (costing $230 each, bending 2 stock rims (costing $530 each), and scraping up the front end. With a an alignment and all...total cost is over $2100, just for hitting this.

pothole2.jpg

So, I figure this is the prefect time for rims...so I looked, and looked, and well, looked some more...and finally got it down to a few different ones. However, some they don't make anymore...so in going over these with my 7 year old...he picks one out that he really likes. And of course there's my choice. So of these, which would you choose?

My son's choice, a plain 5 spoke from 5zigen. Not bad, would make the rims look bigger than they are.

5zigen_gravis_1_(silver_pf)_angle_zoom.jpg

My choice, which I have yet to see on a Mazda 6, Ace Allure's. Only issue, it's an 8 inch rim with a 43 offset. I still think it will fit though.

ace_allure_(silver_pfl)_angle_zoom.jpg

Both of these are in 18's, top being an 18x7.5, bottom being 18x8. The winner will be wrapped in Falken Fk452's.

Oh, BTW, this is the car they will be going on...

IMG_4004a.jpg

My son's choice, a plain 5 spoke from 5zigen. Not bad, would make the rims look bigger than they are.

I think dad needs to learn to count. I spy with my little eye....six spokes!

I like this one better. It's clean, simple, modern, and pretty timeless. The others could look dated a few years down the road. Your boy has good taste.

I think dad needs to learn to count. I spy with my little eye....six spokes!

I like this one better. It's clean, simple, modern, and pretty timeless. The others could look dated a few years down the road. Your boy has good taste.

You know what...I cut and pasted that from the Mazda site...and I was corrected over there as well. :troutslap:

Using the same statement made...I cannot count higher than the fingers on one hand. :)

Last week, I ended up hitting a pothole that blew out two brand new tires (costing $230 each, bending 2 stock rims (costing $530 each), and scraping up the front end. With a an alignment and all...total cost is over $2100, just for hitting this.

pothole2.jpg
^^^^that's not half as bad as the potholes in Toronto ...

As for the wheels ... this one's looking better

Cheers.

I think father knows best on this one. The Aces seem to have a little bit more of a lip which could serve to protect you from unwanted curb rash in the future. I like the look where it's kind of sunk in but not quite.

Out of the two choices, Listen to your boy...

Myself, If I was going with new rims for the black 6, it would be black rims with a polished lip....

But I'm just secksay like that....

90_1.JPG

Or if you like spokes better than staggered

19" ADR's $500 Shipped..... Please do your research to make sure they fit...

Last edited:
I hear you BK4293...unfortunately, my MS6 is Black Cherry, not Black. I don't think they would look as good on mine. Also, I'm trying to reduce the amount of spokes, not add to it ;) I went with a dark rim on my black SVT and was never wild about it.

I ended up getting the Gravis-1's...I should have them in about a week. I'll post some pics once they're on. Thanks for the input guys...

Back