• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Portmatched or full 3L

Svt44

CEG'er
Im not sure which to go with, need some opinions on whoch one would be better portmatched or full 3L?

It pretty much comes down to how you want the engine to look when you are done. Want it to look like a stock 2.5L or a 3L.

i mean i like the 2.5 looks better but putting in a full 3L would probably save me alot of time

you know what else looks hot? when people walk up to your car becuase they see that engine (full 3L) in you contour/cougar, and never before see it in any other contour/cougar . and start asking if its stock, and you obviously say no, with a bigass grin on your face. from then on, they are impressed
lol

lol yeah so pretty much all i need for the full 3L is npg fuel rail adaptor,injector harness adaptors, and a tune?

you get the injector connectors from the harness off the 3L.
also you need to fab up a tb bracket and get some hose to connect to the vac ports to the uim.

I wouldnt have enough funds to buy the parts for the ported vs the full so it would cost me less and i could do it now and not later

What extra parts would you need for the ported 3L that wouldn't be needed for the full 3L?

See what you wrote above:
Svt44 said:
3L is npg fuel rail adaptor,injector harness adaptors, and a tune

^ all that is required for the full 3L and NONE of that is required for the ported 3L. How much do you think all that will cost you in money and time?

If you port the heads yourself (very simple), and don't buy the portmatched NPG adapter, then there is no extra costs besides the Bugzuki plates ($25?). All the other parts like the motor and the gaskets are apples to apples and either way you go are needed.

Back