• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Poly mounts for Zetec

Last edited:
Thats what I did except I got the updated lighter one for the front or rear (I can't remember). Just be ready for dash rattle cause the zetec isn't the smoothest engine out there.

Just be ready for dash rattle cause the zetec isn't the smoothest engine out there.

Yep. I just had Josh (Pole120) fill mine and the vibration at idle is INSANE. I'm going to fill my old ones with shore 60A and throw those on. The shore 94A urethane is WAY too hard for me.

It might be tolerable if this wasn't my daily driver, but it is.

BTW, Josh does a great job. Mine came out great.

BP

Yep. I just had Josh (Pole120) fill mine and the vibration at idle is INSANE. I'm going to fill my old ones with shore 60A and throw those on. The shore 94A urethane is WAY too hard for me.

It might be tolerable if this wasn't my daily driver, but it is.

BTW, Josh does a great job. Mine came out great.

BP
Yeah my zetec vibrates like none other at idle, well, did. :cry: of course with the ksports on it the gravel driveway is harder on it than the mounts ever were.

I would say the easiest thing to do is upgrade to SVT mounts and then get the inserts.
This will keep vibration down and offer enough protection from engine movement.

other than being lighter there is no 'upgrade' in the SVT mounts, unless you're talking about getting a Stab-o'-shock, but I don't know where I'd bolt that to a Zetec.

they make inserts for the front roll resistor but the pre98 (maybe all) zetec mounts are different. ours have sloted holes in the mount for bolts to go through to bolt it to the subframe. the other mounts have studs that go through holes in the subframe.

the rear mounts are all the same.

Back