• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pictures please

wow that is really nice, no prob on the speaker grills - glad I could help! Was the height of the sides enough to clear the range of the speaker travel?

thanks! :) too bad I couldn't show it to you in person, though...:cry:

the height was perfect, even on very heavy bass at loud volume, no touchy ;)

Boo Ya! Perfect. I was looking for you all weekend..... oh well the pics look good too ;).

why would you put the battery in the trunk?

Yes i see you installed a turbo and such, but why did you need to relocate the battery?
Not trying to be a smartass or anything.

Yes i see you installed a turbo and such, but why did you need to relocate the battery?
because the turbo sits right were the battery was on the V6 turbo setups.

and some folks without turbos move the battery to the trunk, opposite the driver, for better weight distribution...BMW does it all the time :)

wow man nice job, looks really good. i think im going to do that i just ordered 2 8in subwoofers, and i have an old 2ch amp i cant wait to get it all hooked up.

Put an 8" in mine after enlarging the hole...had the Tang band for about a year, but went with a Kenwood Exalon after in went bad...using a 400 watt MTX amp with it.... pounds pretty good.

You're wrong. These pioneer subs were specifically designed for free-air use only. If they weren't, I would not have put them in the rear deck. It may look ghetto to you, but keep in mind that this sound system is 11 years old. It was built in 1999 and it still rocks. As a matter of fact, the only upgrades to this system was the head unit, the CD changer and the amplifier which powers the 2 12-inch subwoofers, all of which was done in 2005.

Wow, that just looks ghetto.. That and you used 2 pioneer subs that aren't even made for free-air. Fail.

my appology for thinking it was the wrong sub. Didnt know that Pioneer made a TS-W303F I've only seen it in the C-version. But sorry, I'm still going to stick to my ghetto comment. I don't get the point of your overkill here. Why have 10" free-air subs mounted to the deck if your going to have 12" subs essentially inside of the free-air enclosure (The trunk) They are just going to work against eachother and make the free-airs sound out of phase and pointless.

The concept that 10-inch subwoofers hit harder than 12-inch subwoofers is true. Having said that, I use crossovers and have the 10-inch subwoofers put out about 120Hz with a 12dB octave. The purpose of this is so all I hear is the punch bass within the music, like that from a bass drum. I listen to R&B and old school by the way. Crossovers are also used on the 12-inch subwoofers, which are putting out 60Hz and below with a 12db octave. This is for the deep bass, like what you hear from a bass guitar.

When I designed this sound system 11 years ago, I wasn't going for how loud and how far I can be heard. My goal was precision! I wanted to hear every musical instrumental within the song the way the artist originally recorded. I wanted 100% crystal clear precise music. I've accomplished that with this setup.:cool: I actually have the 4 subwoofers working together without any issues or conflicts. With an equalizer and 3 crossovers, I was able to tune the system to the point where I can play any type of music and it will sound crystal clear without distortion or loss of sound quality. Rock, rap, country, R&B, opera, etc. You name it, I can play it without any further adjustments to the system. It took me months (if not years) to tune the system to this point. But I got it there.

As a side note, counting the 4 subwoofers, I have a total of 10 speakers in the sound system. All of them are powered by 3 amplifiers. I don't think that's overkill at all. It does the job that it's designed to do.

I don't get the point of your overkill here. Why have 10" free-air subs mounted to the deck if your going to have 12" subs essentially inside of the free-air enclosure (The trunk) They are just going to work against eachother and make the free-airs sound out of phase and pointless.

Back