• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Pics of my 98

Sorry I just havent really made a decision yet. Gosh these SVT's make it sooo hard to sell. I mean nobody really drives these cars so its really nice to be different but then I dont have the money to finish it yet...I cant decide...

ITS MY CAR!!!! woooooooo. i miss it.

yeah i did alot of stupid **** when i first got it. i didnt have the money to turn it back around and sold it back to the guy that owned it before me. only 2 pieces were "bright blue" the rest was grey. there wasnt a "custom" sub box in it. Its a false floor due to the stocker bending in so horribly. the rear deck cover is carpeted black cuz it was dirty as hell. i really wish i had had the time and money to fix what needed to be fixed and professionally spray interior. selling it for 2500 is pretty high considering how bad the wiring harness has gotten (wasn't bad when i sold it). the mainlines from the battery were replaced (didnt have much money at time). the harness install isnt a hard thing to do if you do it whilest removing the old one. ill trade you my eclipse plus cash for it (not funny?). Those rims were not bad off when i had them, grease cleaner took almost every bit of it off. Kinda sux you painted a $1400 set of rims black. to each his own.

Last edited:
But they look great in black, I'd keep em that way. As for the holes and primer that needs to be changed.

PLEASE!!!!!!

Keep the car, keep the black rims, restore interior and paint back to factory spec (silver paint + black rims = hot). You'd have a great car then. Doesnt matter if it takes time.

ITS MY CAR!!!! woooooooo. i miss it.

yeah i did alot of stupid **** when i first got it. i didnt have the money to turn it back around and sold it back to the guy that owned it before me. only 2 pieces were "bright blue" the rest was grey. there wasnt a "custom" sub box in it. Its a false floor due to the stocker bending in so horribly. the rear deck cover is carpeted black cuz it was dirty as hell. i really wish i had had the time and money to fix what needed to be fixed and professionally spray interior. selling it for 2500 is pretty high considering how bad the wiring harness has gotten (wasn't bad when i sold it). the mainlines from the battery were replaced (didnt have much money at time). the harness install isnt a hard thing to do if you do it whilest removing the old one. ill trade you my eclipse plus cash for it (not funny?). Those rims were not bad off when i had them, grease cleaner took almost every bit of it off. Kinda sux you painted a $1400 set of rims black. to each his own.

Yeah no offense but when I got this car it was a piece of ****. You had 4 buttons under the steering wheel that lit something up, but when you unhooked them you just left bare wires everywhere. The neons were gay and had to go, the sub box in nothing but extra weight. The wheels were so dirty and crusty they never go "silver" all the way. And the brackets in the trunk, nice way to rust out a perfectly good trunk. And let me not mention who ever did the freaking wiring to the battery!!! We're they retarded and missing an arm. The main power source was running on SPEAKER WIRE GAUGE WIRE!!! No wonder the car always keep shutting off, everything was held together by tape. I dont know, but you really did a number on a nice car. But no worries...By spring this car will be hotness

Someone sounds a little bitter... :shrug:

Yeah I am, just hate people that make cars look like ****. The only reason I took a chance on this car is because I TRULY love the car, and dont put stupid crap on them...and uh I own the car so I guess I can be bitter

Last edited:
I TRULY love car.

ilovelamp.jpg

:laugh:

Yeah, can you tell that I'm an english teacher? Probably not! Oh well, forums don't count.

Awesome. Sucks to have those superman spoiler mounts on the car. :blackeye: Cant wait to see the car in new paint. Im gonna paint mine in a couple cause im broke as of now.

Yeah I took the brackets off, but it doesnt matter because I'm buying a trunk lid saturday, so I'll just trash the old one

Hey let me get your reflector before you junk the old lid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Last edited:
Hey let me get your reflector before you junk the old lid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Ha I was just about to message you, but nevermind because I found out that the body shop is going to fix the trunk included in the paint price. She'll be in the paint shop for a week and half......

those wheels look huge painted black...

atleast from the exterior, once those brackets on the trunk go and the car is painted it should look solid.

Back