• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Oil return

Other than this;

The spot that vortech taps is to the far left of the pan on the front. It's tapped in the thin part near the corner. It's just to the left of the AC compressor sheild. Works great for me.

And the three locations represented in the photo above. I havent heard of anything else.

You know that by "tapping" the block you're not actually drilling and tapping, right? The hole is already there. It is just currently covered by a plug. I can take pics of mine tomm. if you're still having doubts.

You know that by "tapping" the block you're not actually drilling and tapping, right? The hole is already there. It is just currently covered by a plug. I can take pics of mine tomm. if you're still having doubts.

Your talking about the spot where most people run oil pressure gauges from. When we are talking about "tapping" the block, most of us literally mean "tapping" the block. My block is "tapped" as well. :)

Oil drains cannot be hooked up to the spots in the block with allen heads. Pressurized oil going is running through those spots. You could hook your feed line up to one of those locations but not your drain.

I need pics of the oil return line and bung.... isntalled and the bung unintalled..

The picture is shown in the vortech install manual.

attachment.php

the oil will collect in the fitting creating a back pressure on the hose increasing the oil pressure on the seals making it burn oil. It might work for the SC but I am not crazy abou that idea on a Turbo.

perfect pic that is the same height I put mine except mine is closer to the turbo and father away from the header. So that pics just backs up my words you try to put it high just above the oil line(when running) and you will be just fine as long as you don't have oil pooling or collecting in the line. Thanks

Thanks fellas..... now I just need to find a bulk head.... lol what should I use the 3/8? I have the T-28 ADC kit...

the oil will collect in the fitting creating a back pressure on the hose increasing the oil pressure on the seals making it burn oil. It might work for the SC but I am not crazy about that idea on a Turbo.

For which location? The location used in the Vortech manual is as high on the pan as you can get so unless you tap into the block it won't be any different there than on the back of the engine in the noble pic above. The engine will be picking up oil lowering the level during operation so there shouldn't be any oil sitting in the fitting unless the pan is completely full and the car is shut off.

nevermind I stand corrected the fitting in the diagram looked a T fitting but i noticed in the pic it was straight so there was not low spot like I thought. So yes it would work there too if you wanted make a long run for nothing.

Back