• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Everyone Beware Of ADC (Arizona Dyno Chip)!!!!!!

96BlackSE

CEG'er
I got a tune for my 3L from them and my car won't run properly I have CEL's for running rich etc... I been trying to get this sorted out for the past year and every single time Keith has told me that he will send me a new tune...

I been calling for the last 2 months every couple of days getting the same promise and no tune...
Today I have been told by Ricky who works there that Keith will not speak to me and he will not give me a tune for my car....
I paid $396 for this and its basically useless...

So if you thinking of buying anything from them stay away because they won't do anything for you after they got your money!!!

I am pretty sure there are a number of other people in the same position as me trying to get re-tunes for their crappy as tunes...

Last edited:
I have XXY2 and I literally had the same problems. It was running so rich, it actually looked like i had blew a headgasket. Unburnt fuel was pooring out of the exhaust. It would run for a couple seconds and then sputter and die. Some chips, it wouldnt even run at all. Luckily, at the time Chris was working with them and he was extremely helpful even though we couldnt get it resolved. I got tired of kicking back chips and trying to get it sorted out so I just got it dyno tuned from Jerry from SCT. Sorry to hear about your luck. It sounds like they still havent gotten the pre 98 tunes worked out yet.

Did you have a different maf than stock at that time??? That was the same problem with my car I would get white smoke coming out from my exhaust... I had a lightning maf and they couldn't tune for it at that time...
Keith just blamed everything on my car and said there is something wrong i literally went over something until he decided to send me a half a$$ tune which let the car idle and run but with CEL's...
I been dealing with his BS for the last year and now he turns around to tell me that he is not gonna give me a new tune....
When I bought the chip he was so enthusiastic telling me he'll do re-burns if it didn't run right but now he turns around and gives me a load of crap! The funny thing is he can't even say it to me, he gets his little friend over there Ricky to talk to me and say it...
The best thing is that yesterday when i called to talk to Keith, Ricky puts me on hold for 5 minutes and then hangs the phone up on my face.... :rolleyes:

F'n shhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. This is why my car sits. I just need a damn tune for it.

Just TRYING to do business with ADC was enough for me to never even speak their name again. I made several calls, emailed a few times, sent Sean several PM's. I just wanted an Xcal2, but nobody there seemed to want to sell me one. I posted about their terrible customer service on the old forums, over a year ago. Sorry you had the misfortune of having to deal with them. Hopefully nobody else here makes the same mistake.

Mark

F'n shhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. This is why my car sits. I just need a damn tune for it.

Have you tried contacting Brenspeed? I don't know enough about the 96 PCM issues, but it might be worth a shot.

Mark

I know Pete's SE didn't work worth a shiz with there tune. The only way mine is going to get done is at a dyno with someone that knows how to tune a Contour with an ovalport. I think the only choices are Brenspeed or Logan in Chicago but the later won't return my emails. An SVT is soo much better to start with. Hell I could have done the same swap in one and just got an Apexi and been done. Not the best but it works.

I know Pete's SE didn't work worth a shiz with there tune. The only way mine is going to get done is at a dyno with someone that knows how to tune a Contour with an ovalport. I think the only choices are Brenspeed or Logan in Chicago but the later won't return my emails. An SVT is soo much better to start with. Hell I could have done the same swap in one and just got an Apexi and been done. Not the best but it works.

You have a PM coming about this....

Mark

:eek: hmmm....my buddy's 3rd gen SHO is sitting at ADC right now. the motor blew while Keith was dynoing it. so now my friend is having a turbo installed and TH manual trans from a contour. Keith says he can easily figure out how to make the computer work with the trans. its been months already and so far a little work has been done, like having custom pistons made (or so Keith says--we live pretty far away to just go check).

anyone think he can pull it off? my buddy has already sent him around $5k and about $4k more is due.

Ummm no. Someone tried the MTX-75 in the SHO with pics. He threw in the towel. Too much work and custom parts. They are ****e w/o Keiser.

:eek: hmmm....my buddy's 3rd gen SHO is sitting at ADC right now. the motor blew while Keith was dynoing it. so now my friend is having a turbo installed and TH manual trans from a contour. Keith says he can easily figure out how to make the computer work with the trans. its been months already and so far a little work has been done, like having custom pistons made (or so Keith says--we live pretty far away to just go check).

anyone think he can pull it off? my buddy has already sent him around $5k and about $4k more is due.

What you do is, go pick that SHO up and ship it right out here to Fort Wayne, Indiana. My buddy Chuck will build it all up for him. This guy is awesome with SHO's. He's owned 18 of them, so I'd hope so. :crazy: He's a Ford technician, and has one of the fastest full body SHO's to date. Good luck with whatever he decides!

Mark

I called and spoke with Keith @ ADC a few moments ago. Let me be perfectly clear that Im not getting into the middle of this, I merely wanted to hear what Keith is saying about it having one of his ECU tunes myself. Keith does not deny what 96BlackSE is saying. He did however add (claim) that 96BlackSE has harassed him, sent 35 emails with the same subject and header at the same time, and that he has sent out multiple tunes already and firmly believes that there is something wrong with his CSVT. Again, let me be clear in saying these are Keiths words, not mine.

I have an XGT1 ECU and we got my tune on the first shot. I know there is room for improvement and it's running a little richer than I'd like but overall for what I paid ($210) it was a great deal and I have had no CEL's or other problems to speak of.

I know the remote tune (ADC) is not perfect, but I'd estimate it's roughly 75% of being fully optimal. I accepted up-front it never would be and only a dyno pull with a good local tuner would make it perfect. If you want a dead on bulletproof tune, thats going to cost on average from what I've seen $450-500 (on sale).

Just thought I'd pass this on and add my $.02.

Wow, way to stir the pot! He wasn't asking for anyone's help in resolving his issue, only informing people that ADC is a bunk business. Like I said in my previous post, I've already been saying that for well over a year! ADC's customer service is pathetic at best. Not answering a customer, or even a potential customer, doesn't speak kindly to the masses.

An fwiw, I wouldn't have stopped at 35 emails if he was scamming me out of what I paid for. As far as I'm concerned, he should get a full refund and should send his chip back.

Oh, and Nima isn't talking about his SVT. This is his 96blackSE, as in his screen name. :idea:

Mark

I called and spoke with Keith @ ADC a few moments ago. Let me be perfectly clear that Im not getting into the middle of this, I merely wanted to hear what Keith is saying about it having one of his ECU tunes myself. Keith does not deny what 96BlackSE is saying. He did however add (claim) that 96BlackSE has harassed him, sent 35 emails with the same subject and header at the same time, and that he has sent out multiple tunes already and firmly believes that there is something wrong with his CSVT. Again, let me be clear in saying these are Keiths words, not mine.

I have an XGT1 ECU and we got my tune on the first shot. I know there is room for improvement and it's running a little richer than I'd like but overall for what I paid ($210) it was a great deal and I have had no CEL's or other problems to speak of.

I know the remote tune (ADC) is not perfect, but I'd estimate it's roughly 75% of being fully optimal. I accepted up-front it never would be and only a dyno pull with a good local tuner would make it perfect. If you want a dead on bulletproof tune, thats going to cost on average from what I've seen $450-500 (on sale).

Just thought I'd pass this on and add my $.02.

I didn't send him no 35 emails, he can quit his whining... He has been promising me for the last year to fix my issues and hasn't done anything... Every time he told me send me your mod list and I'll email you a tune later on that night... He fed me BS each time and I was decent enough not to say anything but when I called today I was told that I won't be getting a tune at all...

I called him another time after I posted this to talk to Keith... Ricky again put me on hold and then hung up the phone on me after a minute or two...
And its not only me thats going through this situation with ADC there are many others and I don't think there are problems with everyones car out there...

The way I see it if they don't decide to fix my situation I'll just sign up to 5 automotive related forum each day and make sure they know what kind of service they'll get from ADC

96BlackSE, if you can get the car to MI I would see if you can have Jerry tune it. Generally, he doesnt charge anything for a tune and you just pay for dyno time. Id see if you can just get a full refund from ADC and go this route. If Jerry cant tune it, he'll let you know whats wrong. If you want I can PM you his email.

Back