• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Broken PCV hose

getsum111

Yes I am a Pirate, 200 years too late.
OK guys, still working onn figuring out my misfire/lean problem, and since I know what is causing it, it wanted to starrt a new thread. I was getting code 1131, replaced the O2 sensor, then got codes 1171, 0306, and then 0300. Found that the hose from the PCV valve that goes along the firewall had touched the EGR and melted a hole in it. It looks like a corrugated/convoluted tube, like you woiuld use to hide wiring. I think it is called the PCV to EVAP Emissions hose, can anyone confirm this? I tried to seal it with tape, but it still seems to be leaking. This hose has two light grey clips/tabs that somehow loosen the connection at the end. Is this a dealer only item? And can I cut out the section that is leaking, slide a connector between the two pieces, and then use hose clamps to put it back together? Thank you.

I would start by trying to splice in a new peice of tubing, it that doesn't work go to a junk yard and get the whole hose or purchase a new one

Yeah, that's what I thought. I knew I could count on a quick answer from you!:cool: About the codes 0300 and 0306, could I have just killed the plug driving it home when it was misfiring? I'm gonna get a new one after school, just could use some reassurance.

not use, I would get the pcv line fixed first and see what happens with the miss fire before doing anything else ...

it the line is open there would definaely be un metered air being let in or out of the system ... as for it causing a missfire I am not sure ...

Both!:laugh: It looked like both ends had little grey circular clips on it. When I tried to squeeze the end connected to the PCV valve, the grey clip broke. It pulled out of the PCV, but it isn't securely connected anymore. I ordered one from Bill, but I don't want to break it when I install the new one.:shrug: BTW, thanks again for the part #. It was for an early 95-97, but it gave us a place to start looking.:cool:

Yea the one on my 98 broke last week replacing the PCV valve and being gentle. It just gets old a frail. You just squeeze the ends. I thought they were the same for all years. Post 98+ part # when you get it please.

OK. The part # for the PCV to Evap emissions hose for a 99 CSVT is F7RZ-9K313-BB. It is the hose that goes along the firewall from teh PCV valve, with the grey squeeze tips.

Back