• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

official T-Red svt picture thread

attachment.php

Same thing happened to me...tore my bumper up pretty good too :blackeye:
I have a brand new one to put on my CF Mirko, but I havent decided if I should or not........I was thinking about putting it on for the SZ track day, my FG mirko was rubbing pretty good during some hard cornering at that track last year.

[/QUOTE]
What'd you do with the mirko? The way it's damaged makes me think I could easily replicate my other mirko

in red before it was demolished

[IMG]http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8954/new4p.jpg

and rebuilt

img0173yw.jpg

What'd you do with the mirko? The way it's damaged makes me think I could easily replicate my other mirko

It's rebuilt and cracked again :laugh:
I'll probably rebuild it again, I use it for long road trips or when I go to unfamiliar areas where I don't know the roads.

Kinda pisses me off.... I put it away a couple winters ago, and it was cracked when I went to put it back on in the spring. No clue what happened :shrug:

c28e5e85.jpg

Wish I was in Cleveland. That is not a huge problem

If you look at my post above. That red splitter was done with duplicolor (the complete one, not right above).. and the black was with krylon fusion. You guys have seen my results with Krylon. It's incredible. Krylon black is way thick and a great match.

Duplicolor is laquer and looks great but it lasts about a year max. Trust me, I used it on me TRed religiously. Take care of it and it looks great.

It's rebuilt and cracked again :laugh:
I'll probably rebuild it again, I use it for long road trips or when I go to unfamiliar areas where I don't know the roads.

Kinda pisses me off.... I put it away a couple winters ago, and it was cracked when I went to put it back on in the spring. No clue what happened :shrug:

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/imnotacop420/c28e5e85.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
That's actually really annoying as a DIY job. I had the same problem when my splitter exploded, and I kept seeing cracks like that.

--

for your splitter.. you need to sand PAST the cracks.. and glaze some body filler on top of them if they're small enough. You cant paint on imperfections.

[edit] I can do a tutorial on rattle can paint if you guys want. The red is rattle can :) and so is the black :)

Disclaimer: Duplicolor is thin. It doesn't last like a normal paint job will. You need to be willing to work with your paint when it scrapes the ground all the time.

No sir. I bought it back in July of last year and sold it in November because of winter. We didn't end up having much of a winter at all and I kick myself for getting rid of her. It's floating around the Ann Arbor area and he told me I have first dibs if he decides to sell her :laugh:

Yes sir it is his old car. He ended up getting a screaming yellow svtf. I pick up my comp o svtf about 3 weeks after getting this from him

Back