• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Official Florida Meet

svttour

Rico Suave
Ok I figured Id step up and host a meet since the topic begins with alot of people interested and fades out...

What: Contour,Mystique,Cougar meet
Where: TY Park Topekeegee Yugnee(sp)
When: Jan 21st Saturday
Time: 9am-???

Activities: BBQ, chat, BS, Ride out, Photoshoot etc.

There is $1 fee to get into the park.
Everyone will be incharge of bringing something such as food drinks, etc...

Any of you guys on Neco please inform those guys of the meet I am not a registered Neco member.

Directions from the North
I-95 south untill Sheridan street exit twentysomething... go west untill the 1rst light make a right and its your first right.

Directions from the South

I-95 north untill sheridan street exit twentysomething... go left untill the 1rst light make a right and its your 1rst right.

Directions from the West

I-75 east untill 595 to I-95. Take I-95 south untill Sheridan street exit twenty something.. go west untill the 1rst light and make your first right.

You can probably mapquest TY park. in hollywood and it will come up.

Whom ever is attending please put what you will be bringing so everyone wont bring the same thing.

Thanks for taking action!!

Do you mean Jan 20th? The 21st is a Sunday... I'll post a notice of this on NECO after I know which day.

I seem to be about 3 hours away & I'm always later at arriving at things than I mean to be... so I'll bring munchies (veggies, chips, dip, etc) that are good anytime & probably some soda & ice in a cooler. Is beer allowed in the park?

Are you thinking of getting a shelter/pavillion? I don't know anything about the park, but if there are small ones, it would be nice to have.

I'm in! I was hoping someone could do be up for it.

Lets make a checklist of whos bring what so no one brings the same thing.

The beer thing, if its a public park, no beer is allowed. And I can't drink it "legally."

If my car isnt sold by then and is running well enough, i'll go, otherwise...would you all be ok with a troll showing up?

Robert

Awesome guys I like the enthusiasm. Its a state park I believe thats why you have to pay $1 to get in on the weekends. Beer is allowed IIRC Ive seen people drinking there before. There are small pavillions there but they cost to rent. If we show up on the day of and the pavillion is empty then we can use it for free. Yes I meant Jan 20th Sat!! So let those neco cats know. Rob come know matter what. A checklist of whose bringing what is what we need. I will start it off....

*number/CEGname/Realname/attending,maybe,no/what your bringing*

1. svttour/Sam(Attending/hosting)- Water,Napkins,Assorted bags of lays potato chips.

Last edited:
I possibly can go too! What time will it start? IIRC its a little over 3.5 hour drive for us Ocala boys.

Sounds fun though!

All necessary info is posted in the first post. Meet starts at or around 9am. Untill it gets late and everyone decidesits time for them to start heading home.

We need volunteers to bring charcoal and burgers and/or hotdogs to cook on their grills... or a grill too lol. That would be sweet I would chip in a few bucks towards the cost of meats...

You guys have been informed of this meet well in advance. A month is plenty of time to get permission form jobs or make the necessary arrangements to get to this meet. Lets get off of our butts and start 2007 off with a bang!

sounds like a plan to me. i'd leave friday night late. arrive that morning and leave that night late. but ill do my best to make this.

Im glad you stepped up to do this. Just yesterday I actually changed where I am going to live, so I wouldnt be able to do this anymore.

On a related note, I doubt I will be coming to south Fl. Ive been keeping very busy with my new job, am saving money to outfit my new apartment, etc. etc. Plus Im doing everything I can to keep the mileage from piling up on the SVT cause I want it gone soon.

x

x

Suriel & Dina, we will be there. We will bring burgers and hot dogs (beef) cuz we dont eat pork. We dont have a grill but if someone brings the grill we could bring the charcoal.

I'm sooooo NOT getting there at 9AM - have to come over from Fort Myers area & so we'll probably get there around noon.

Suriel, Joe: want to caravan across the Alley?

A checklist of whose bringing what is what we need. I will start it off....

1. svttour/Sam(Attending/hosting)- Water,Napkins,Assorted bags of lays potato chips.
2. gulfcat/Marge & daughter Peggy(attending) - munchies (veggies, chips, dip), cooler of soda & ice

Sweet. I put 9am because essentially I can be there at that time. When time comes down to it and people aim to show a little later I will try and be there 30mins before the 1rst person arrives..

Suriel... The pagoda or whatever the thing is called has a grill there. If you get the charcoal I will give you a few bucks to help cover costs. That is a huge help that you volunteered to bring that stuff...Oh and dont forget the buns lol! Everyone who is attending please PM me with contact info and I will reply with my info. This way I can help with final directions or coordinate anything that may need to be addressed.

This is turning out to be good. Any word from the cougar guys? I want to see if there is any interest over there. also people whom are attending please copy what gulfcat has replied to as far as what you are bringing and such so we can keep track in 1 post instead of having to look through posts.

2. gulfcat/Marge & daughter Peggy(attending) - munchies (veggies, chips, dip), cooler of soda & ice.
3. Fordman302/Joe.(Attending,Maybe bring a friend.)Chips dip.Soda and water cooler with ice.

2. gulfcat/Marge & daughter Peggy(attending) - munchies (veggies, chips, dip), cooler of soda & ice.
3. Fordman302/Joe.(Attending,Maybe bring a friend.)Chips dip.Soda and water cooler with ice
4.csvtjohnga/John(attending/bringing friend)Steak/hotdogs/cooler/few lawn chairs

3. Fordman302/Joe.(Attending,Maybe bring a friend.)Chips dip.Soda and water cooler with ice
4. csvtjohnga/John(attending/bringing friend)Steak/hotdogs/cooler/few lawn chairs
5. KerryKool/Kerry or KJ (attending, a friend may join) - Soda, cups, cooler, ice.

What else is needed? Also, is there any other activities going on during or after meet?

Back