• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Not the Typical 3L Build...Advice Welcome!

For Lemons, you can use the stock fuel tank if you leave it in the stock location. Since we're not doing that, we're required to use a fuel cell. The current plan is to use a high pressure fuel pump from a late 80's Ford Ranger since it's external. Returnless or not doesn't matter much to us other than the Contour is a return style and so is the PCM.

I have a return adapter (homemade) I am no longer using as I welded a custom fuel rail. If you want it, its yours for $5 shipped. I think that should be in your budget!

I took out the AN fittings....but if you need I can get you two steel ones from a local store for like $5 more bucks. (1/4 npt holes...had -6an adapters in them, but I have no idea what you system looks like you might be using rubber and barbs.)

For fuel injector plugs, I assume that I will be cutting the connectors off of the Escape harness and putting them on the Contour harness, right?

The more I'm thinking about the details of this, the more I'm considering going back to a port-matched setup. I've done the port-match a few times now, and know that process well. The full swap is new to me, and I'm just not as certain about it. Someone help convince me that I should keep working towards the full 3L swap! Going the route of a full swap will be helpful if we have engine trouble at the track. We won't have to be port-matching another engine at the track just to get racing again.

You could run EV1 connector style injectors and they would connect up just fine. If you want to run the newer EV6 connector style injectors you'd have to use adapters which you can buy or hack up the harness.

What are EV1 connector style injectors? Is that the injectors that came on the Contour? If those will mount up, that sounds like the best solution.

Also, I just received the KHAI3 strategy file from Adam, so now I'm ready to tune with BE.

This isn't exactly 3L-specific, but the Geo's paint is coming along well.

IMG952013012795194140.jpg

Back