• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Not the easiest install ever

I wish I had freinds :) LOL. Geez, this guy doesn't know when to stop. I have installed about 10-15 systems in my freinds cars and there is no way in HELL I would say I am a pro. I am compantent to know what I am doing, why stuff works (not on the level that SoundQ does), and troubleshoot as to what is wrong is something breaks. Caps are crap as steeda said. It is like saying spinners on your rims make you go faster.

Did you work in Madison when Adam worked there? Then he went to Green bay.

Nope, can't say I know of any Adam, my supervisor Chris might know him though... he's been there quite a long time. I just saw him do a Viper 160 in a 07 Saturn Aura today though.... **** was crazy how it has to interrupt the accessory wire to get the remote start to work, and all the resistors he had to use... Mind boggling to me, he can take those remote starts and not even look at the manual since he knows the wires by heart.... I also counted the stickers on his box today... (eveytime he does a remote start he puts a sticker on his tool box) counted 62... but I don't know when he exactly started that trend... and I'm sure he's done way more than that in his lifetime...

First off, I would NEVER EVER get my car done at any RETAIL LARGE CHAIN.....or anywhere for that matter. I am a pro. I must've installed over 15 installs of amps and speaker combo's. And when freinds go for advice, you really think buster at circuit city REALLY knows what the hell he's talkin bout??? NO. They come to yours truly. And my friend dont settle for second's hun. They come to me. Maybe the odd handful Ill give you that that works CC knows a lil sumthin but...not many...and IM POSITIVE you can side with me on that. . Im also a computer Builder PRO. spanning back to Ibm386's and 486dx..with 100 mgz CPU. .and apple II's. Up until now with Core2duo's and 4 gigs of memory.

I have exp in car audio spanning back to alpines 7900 series of cd players.

I was the first kid in my group of friends to actually own a Car CD player (were talkin almost laserdisc times here k.)

I have more chocolate cream puddin' under my belt than you can eat at Old Country Buffet.......

Believe me I know the diff between RMS and PEAK.

And if you want to educate me on these things that you knock me for, well, I don't believe for 1 single second that you even made an ATTEMPT at spewing ANY of your car audio knowledge. Instead you poke and press.

Seems that both of you guys are quik to knock someone, let them make a mistake and THEN stick your nose in and correct em.......

Not me, I give street knowledge on how it should be. If you say Caps are worthless, why then, when I flip open a car audio mag, and the first fricken photo I see are pics of Caps, AMps, and **** with a HOTT fiberglass Box with LCD's n shiit Don't spew out on me bro cause you think I don't know what the hell IM TALKIN BOUT, cause bro......I been there and dun that.

Im talkin wayyyyy back when I installed 6 cheap ass fosgate series ones bridged to my Phoenix Gold http://cgi.ebay.com/phoenix-Gold-au...3QQihZ010QQcategoryZ39732QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Let me just say this, I was into car audio before dual voice coils even hit the market too grandpa.

I know how to make an OHM drop, and RAISE.....so don't accuse me of not knowing what the hell I forgot, cause I'm a vet sweetie.

I did that many amp installs in my first month of installing not to mention all the times I've worked on my own systems and friends systems...

Like Steeda said, we're used to doing almost 10 installs a day of varying cars and types of installs.... I may not be MECP certified, but it's a work in progress... I too have pictures to show my abilities on installing, as they may not be as advanced as Steeda's, I don't get to do much custom work, and don't have the resources available to do so... but I do great installs none the less...

How's it sound? Any alternator wine?

It sounds good for what it is..

Infinity Reference 7540a amp
Infinity reference components
Infinity 6x8's...

I have the part #'s, not that it matters.... it's really clear, i'm no audio expect but it suits my needs, nice and crisp treble with a little bass..

I have bigtime alternator wine, everytime I rev it up I can hear it, any suggestions?

thanks for the help by the way.

A little something of advice for the Newbie Ford98SVT. A newbie coming on here and saying hes a guru of the car audio world is like Richard Simmons saying he is straight. PROVE IT!! Nobody here knows or cares who you are. These are Online Forums, you get a reputation and respect here for consistantly spewing out helpful accurate information that helps and educates people. You certainly don't get respect for attacking the veterains of CEG car audio who have proven their worth and knowledge over and over again. Just sit back, pull your thong out of your crack and put in your $.02 where its NEEDED and make sure the stuff your posting is accurate.

And 15 installs = Pro? I had 15 installs under my belt before I had my drivers license. However I've only done about 3 or so in the last 2 years, so I'm losing touch with what is out there for new equipment.

I was going to explain about ground loops and alternator wine, but I figured these pages I found would do a better job then me trying to remember everything to you could do to fix it....

A definition from WIKI, alternator wine is caused by ground loops:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_loop

The Ten Commandments:
http://www.termpro.com/articles/noise.html

That should help you track down your alternator wine and fix it.... Rule 10 is basically installing a ground loop isolator, and like it says, it's a band-aid, not a fix.... It only reduces the noise, doesn't eliminate it...

Let me know how it goes...

I was going to explain about ground loops and alternator wine, but I figured these pages I found would do a better job then me trying to remember everything to you could do to fix it....

A definition from WIKI, alternator wine is caused by ground loops:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ground_loop

The Ten Commandments:
http://www.termpro.com/articles/noise.html

That should help you track down your alternator wine and fix it.... Rule 10 is basically installing a ground loop isolator, and like it says, it's a band-aid, not a fix.... It only reduces the noise, doesn't eliminate it...

Let me know how it goes...

Nice finds!

Quit actin' like hooking up a simple ass stereo is hard. Tryin' to blow things WAY outta proportion and bring me to your level. See, dude said he hooked up 20 systems by the time he was 15. Give me a break already. And Ive heard over, and over that caps dont do ANYTHING. Yes, you would need 30 1.5 farad caps wired in parellel to even begin to TRY to maintain a 13.v whatever yeah bla blah blahh. Because 9v battery holds a charge longer than a 1 farad and blah blahblahh. Im a believer of caps don't do shiit. Im a believer Im a believe I BELIEVE my Brotha.....just stop.

Last edited:
Back